Search the forum,

Discuss How Do You Drive? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

How Do You Drive?

• Total voters
For work I drive a 2007 Mk 7 Ford Transit T350 115ps Jumbo LX. Heavily kitted with all the LX mod cons including heated windscreen, fog lights, auto lights & wipers, 6 speed gear box etc. Also have 9" flip down screen with 3 cameras, DVD player & massive ICE system. Kicking just under 135db. Clifford alarm & additional locks.
5acb1b1d-283d-135a.jpg
5acb1b1d-2858-2f19.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ6vxe9iNmI

For fun I either drive a 1996 Subaru Impreza Wagon STI or a mint 1992 Honda Prelude (4th Gen) No pics on my iPad but here's some vids on the rollers. You can also see my wagon in the above video of the camera setup in my van.

CAUTION - Next two vids are a little loud due to wind tunnel!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEU8JI2Yo3A&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYzm5j2GdK8&feature=channel

Here's my Lude when it was car of the month on a Jap car forum I was on - http://www.clanjapan.co.uk/cotm/cotm_december.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered a VW Amarok, arrives in June. That'll be the workhorse. I'll be kitting it out with as much stuff as I can afford too. Might take a while but I'll do it! lol

General cars are 2ltr Petrol Skoda Octavia Estate, Subaru Impreza UK300 Prodrive, Replica Porsche Speedster 356 (built in 1973 and owned by Jeremy Clarkson's wife, Francie Clarkson), Toyota MR2 Turbo which is off the road and has been for years but it was my first nippy car that I owned, and I managed to get it back a couple of years ago so hopefully one day I'll do it back up and have some more fun in it.

I just got rid of an Astra and a Mitzi Spacewagon too. The MRs was moaning about having too many cars around the house lol

If I'm right, looks like a Teg bottom end. Must be pushing 170bhp from a DOHC. Nice & simple to turbo also. Could easy get that to 350bhp. That would be nuts out a FWD lol

Have to use my car for everything, insurance for a van at 21 is oppressively high and I can't get 3rd party cover on other vehicles (You must be 25, "You have 7 years No claims at 24? No 25, no it doesn't matter you've crashed 5 cars and only passed last week, cover's yours!") Like every 21 year old I run the family car too....also partial to a bit off offroading. My Subaru Forester covers all bases but trying to work out racking is troublesome

It's a 1.6
think it's out of a civic

Thinking about turboing it later in year ( work depending!!)

It was on rolling road dec. produced 178bhp

Goes like mad. All that's inside is two seats and a roll cage

Dan you facy it???

B18c4 out a civic vti then? With a b18c6 head would bring you just over the 200 mark. My bro's 98 spec Teg is in getting mapped just now. Thats just been turbo'd. Should be back tomorrow. Will b a lot of fun. Clean looking mini you got!

I'd take the golf personally. Too many red tops out there...more so stuck in little rusty corsa's.

I've had both but still love the mk1 golf by far!

Does anyone on here own the new shape Vito ?

If so what's it like as I'm planing to upgrade my old one for a newer shape one new ?
Cheerd

Vauxhall Vivaro SWB racked out - Nice easy to drive van, although I would prefer a LWB version. Maybe go for a LWB Transit next time. ;-)

Work 2006 Transit T280 125 with Remap, play or winter work Landrover Defender 110 twincab pickup unimog Portal Axles with a Cummins 6 litre turbo Diesel Engine

Impreza WRX UK300 for my toy, VW Amarok 2012 for work, Octavia Estate for family trips.

Ex post office Vauxhall Combo for work, doesn't get a lot of use at the minute. Skoda 1.9 estate to carry the clan. And of course the all important bikes, Suzuki SV650 for hacking around and a 1979 Suzuki GS850 chop for chilling out on.

I have the same 150ps Astra van but with a chip from DTUK advertising 206ps! Had it for nearly 4 years and no problems. Was looking at getting a Caddy sportline but they have stop making it!:shame:

Reply to How Do You Drive? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net