Discuss How insistent should I be on type certification in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello forum members

I am installing a Switch fuse unit bought from CEF.
It’s a Proteus unit with a proteus branded main switch and Ferraz Shawmut fuseholder

I queried the type certification for this combination because the images on the website had proteus on the fuseholder too but It wasn’t supplied like that.

CEF have (kindly) extracted a type certificate from Proteus, but this references a different 3rd party (Mersen) supplier of the fuse holder.

I continue to query this (it’s a domestic install) but am beginning to feel overly pedantic.

How far would you usually push this?

Regards and thanks for any useful answers. Obviously I don’t really want to be told I shouldn’t have used CEF and/or Proteus in the first place but accept that I might get some banter

Xylophone

If you think your being had over, purchase another switch fuse from another manufacture or wholesaler and not the Proteus garbage CEF peddle in. All the big national wholesalers stock their 'essentials' stuff on the shelves; but if in doubt buy stuff from the bespoke manufactures, not the stuff relabelled. IMO

Reply to How insistent should I be on type certification in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning. Needed some advice please. I am getting an AC condenser unit installed on an outer bedroom wall but only after some internal...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have recently qualified, though yet to start practising, as an electrician. I have noticed, at my home, the tails from the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi guys, This is my 3rd post to the forums and concerns electrical regulations and specifically certification. I have recently had a new...
Replies
Views
Geoffsd
G
W
hi all, i have a query which i am hoping you can help with! i have just recently passed my 2330 elctrical certificate!! i am working for a company...
Replies
Views
J

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock