Search the forum,

Discuss How qualified am I, your thoughts please. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Its still perfectly fine to do an apprentiship instead of an nvq as far as im aware?

This link may be usefull... Ive only skimmed it

Electrical qualifications - https://electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/issues/67/electrical-qualifications/

Last edited:
Fire and Intruder firms don't ever seem to be interested in tech quals, only FIA and experience. Some FM firms don't seem to be bothered either, particularly in a multi - skilled type role. I imagine that is what you have found.

I Agree with Spin, you would definitely be suitable for the mature assesment NVQ3, it is aimed at people just like you. Just do it, get your gold card and have your choice of Electrical jobs.

To do the mature assessment the OP will still have to be in employment to fill in his evidence which seems to be the stumbling block.

To do the mature assessment the OP will still have to be in employment to fill in his evidence which seems to be the stumbling block.
Although the JIB/ECS application forms have lots of boxes to be filled in by your employer, I have always been Self Employed when applying for or renewing the card so have always left those boxes blank.

Reply to How qualified am I, your thoughts please. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Not really a Question but its more a Point that the other Education Bodies out there than City and Guilds Granted most Employment agency dont...
Replies
Views
Guidance please - C&G L3 electrical installation - Hotel extension project Hi folks, I am fairly new to this forum but it looks like the...
Replies
Views
I am seeking a job as an electricians mate / improver / labourer around South Yorkshire. I am based in Doncaster, i have a uk full driving licence...
Replies
Views
Guidance please - C&G L3 electrical installation - Hotel extension project Hi folks, I am fairly new to this forum but it looks like the...
Replies
Views
all currently working towards my 2391 c&g I&T . I know how to calculate v.d. but the mock test I found online seems a bit out of date or I'm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back