Discuss How times and practices have changed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
During the later days of my apprenticeship and early days as an Electrician, I was sent to report to the Electrical Foreman on the site of the now Hilton Hotel in Bath, my task "Bond all the Bathrooms on the site H to C to Bath with no testing in those days, got quite fast at it towards the end 150 Bathrooms times 3 Earth clamps, not the carp used these days proper Brass "ELMO clips, for those who can remember, like I said bored to tears.

@Pete999 Its actually being refurbished at the moment. Hilton are spending a tidy sum ripping out all the event and conference rooms. also doing the kitchen aswell i think.
Then on a rotational basis upgrading all the bedrooms.
They have kept the hotel open throughout all this. been ongoing for quite a few months now, i think mainly as its been open so work is slower than it could have been if closed.

@Pete999 Its actually being refurbished at the moment. Hilton are spending a tidy sum ripping out all the event and conference rooms. also doing the kitchen aswell i think.
They have kept the hotel open throughout all this. been ongoing for quite a few months now, i think mainly as its been open so work is slower than it could have been if closed.
Thanks for the info Mate interesting, all those years ago, don't tome fly?

Interesting, I don't miss installing supplementary bonding during remedial works. As a side note all the bonding to pipework in my grandmothers house is bare tinned copper looped around each pipe then soldered.

I wonder if they've come across any of Pete's earth clips on rip out. Be interesting to see a photo or two.:)

I finished doing electrical work, for another career in 1985. My last bit of work was installing some 6"x6" galv trunking between some buildings in the old Morris Car Factory in Cowley. I could see it from the main road, when I drove by. Place was closed in 1992, and developed into a Business Park a few years later.

Even used to make a special trip, just to see it. Sad really. :weary:

Reply to How times and practices have changed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net