Discuss How to build a Nuclear submarine. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

She'll be there until she retires, they've got another 6 of them to make plus what ever other stupid projects the Navy decide to waste money on, attack subs ridiculous they should be making attack subs that double up as trident missile carriers kill two birds (maybe a few more than two) with one stone. The Navy suck the resources away from more worth whiled projects and equipment programs.

She'll be there until she retires, they've got another 6 of them to make plus what ever other stupid projects the Navy decide to waste money on, attack subs ridiculous they should be making attack subs that double up as trident missile carriers kill two birds (maybe a few more than two) with one stone. The Navy suck the resources away from more worth whiled projects and equipment programs.

Whats that? paying the lazy scrounging *******s who don't want to work:mad:

did a bit of agency work on Ark ,liverpool and iron Duke no wonder it takes so much time and money demarcation gone mad Id have to tell you I needed a hole in the deck you would mark it jimmy would cut it and fred would sit for 2 hrs making sure it didnt go on fire all AFTER we had each obrained a permit

One of the best bits was watchin the guys move the galley equipment from galley to soft patch using blocks n tackle poetry in motion

did a bit of agency work on Ark ,liverpool and iron Duke no wonder it takes so much time and money demarcation gone mad Id have to tell you I needed a hole in the deck you would mark it jimmy would cut it and fred would sit for 2 hrs making sure it didnt go on fire all AFTER we had each obrained a permit

One of the best bits was watchin the guys move the galley equipment from galley to soft patch using blocks n tackle poetry in motion

On the sub program they said they where already running £800 million over budget just to get the first one completed so I can understand where your coming from :D

No the Army who are actually fighting a war :D

If your talking about Afganistan then it is a war we will never win as the British Army found out in the late 1800's when they tried beating the Afgans then as well as the Soviets who tried in the 1980's and got their backsides kicked.

So we should pack up our bags and bring them all home ASAP.

Then again the army had a big overspend in their budget when they brought the SA80 out in the 70/80s.

Last edited:
If your talking about Afganistan then it is a war we will never win as the British Army found out in the late 1800's when they tried beating the Afgans then as well as the Soviets who tried in the 1980's and got their backsides kicked.

So we should pack up our bags and bring them all home ASAP.

Then again the army had a big overspend in their budget when they brought the SA80 out in the 70/80s.

Couldn't agree more they should come home, it's not a just war and it's a war that can never be won the taliban are just keeping their heads down until we bugger off then the afgan army and police will just turn coat and do what they where doing before the war. However whilst they are there they shouldn't be getting their funding cut and I don't mean for front line troops as they've said they aren't cutting that, it's the departments at home supporting them, the RAF and the Navy should suck up more of the budget cuts to prevent this.
The SA80 is the worst weapon they've ever had, there still tinkering with it even now. and the LSW must have been a joke. Lets not get started on the eurofighter either:D The Navy and RAF will probably be amalgamated together anyway or atlest 2 of the three services.

Anyway the girl in the series can come and work for me anytime.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't agree more they should come home, it's not a just war and it's a war that can never be won the taliban are just keeping their heads down until we bugger off then the afgan army and police will just turn coat and do what they where doing before the war. However whilst they are there they shouldn't be getting their funding cut and I don't mean for front line troop as they've said they aren't cutting that, it's the departments at home supporting them, the RAF and the Navy should suck up more of the budget cuts to prevent this.
The SA80 is the worst weapon they've ever had, there still tinkering with it even now. and the LSW must have been a joke. Lets not get started on the eurofighter either:D The Navy and RAF will probably be amalgamated together anyway or atlest 2 of the three services.

Anyway the girl in the series can come and work for me anytime.:D

In 1918 the RFC and FAA did amalgemate to become the RAF but it did not work out very well with the RAF being told what to do when they had to fly off carriers by the navy so the FAA was restarted.

Yeah tat program was funny!! (saw so many faces i knew)

Dave Hamley from Hartlepool the CHEF cant cook cant cook..! i once helped him make chips as he struggled with basic tasks and tea was running late. i was also wearing oil covered overalls :D at the time

Simon Lister Rear Admiral (Ex Base Commander at Plymouth, he once gave me a lift in his car through dockyard as it was raining, totally random just stopped and went were you heading son)

Andy Coles the Skipper on HMS Astute, My first Skipper on HMS Turbulent (the bloke is a tactical Genius who also is a crazed Lunatic when giving some orders..) by the way did you notice he was wearing "BLACK" overalls...!! well he got them from the Australian navy 2004 as he liked them so much! they his Action Coveralls..

Lt Cdr Russell..... Ex WEO (weapons engineering officer) Hms Turbulent, Quiet chap and very helpful....

plenty more faces i saw but im boring you now!!! lol.....

coincidently that bloody nuke test siren is mint as had one in plymouth and its funny when you see visitors in dockyard **** them self when they test it...!! (some people dont read the notice boards)

ASTUTE 800 Million over budget because BAE managed to WRITE OFF 2x Turbo Generators and took them 6 months to replace...!! also many other stupid snags.

Yeah that Bird was alright like!! nice -----..! :cool:

We need a good excuse to get out of Afghanistan.

The yanks need a hell of a good excuse to get out of Iraq.

Why would North Korea blow up a South Korean warship that wasn't in their waters?

These two statements and one question are in no way related.

And no cuts whatsoever should be made to any of our services that are currently away fighting.

No the Army who are actually fighting a war :D

YOU BE SUPRISED....!!! its a tri service campaign with both the Navy and the RAF supplying a considerable amount of ground support to the combat...

RAF / Navy = Air cover & Helicopter support
RAF / Navy = Combat Medical Support

Second female soldier given Military Cross after tending to injured soldier under heavy Taliban fire | Mail Online

RAF / Navy Airfield / Base Logistics and Base Fire & Rescue
RAF / Navy Military Police also working with Afghan NA and NP alongside Army MP's

RAF Regiment played there part in the ground war
and one last bit which service do you think the Royal Marines are part of..??

all three forces have suffered cuts after cuts!! one more cut will be a cut to far!! especially for the Navy and Army...!

Exclusive: Inside the Royal Navy ship which almost sank - Portsmouth Today
Nuclear submarines went to sea with potentially disastrous defect | UK news | The Guardian
Army faces biggest cuts since Crimea - Times Online
Troops sent to Iraq without sufficient body armour, Chilcot inquiry told | UK news | guardian.co.uk

:D

YOU BE SUPRISED....!!! its a tri service campaign with both the Navy and the RAF supplying a considerable amount of ground support to the combat...

RAF / Navy = Air cover & Helicopter support
RAF / Navy = Combat Medical Support

Second female soldier given Military Cross after tending to injured soldier under heavy Taliban fire | Mail Online

RAF / Navy Airfield / Base Logistics and Base Fire & Rescue
RAF / Navy Military Police also working with Afghan NA and NP alongside Army MP's

RAF Regiment played there part in the ground war
and one last bit which service do you think the Royal Marines are part of..??

all three forces have suffered cuts after cuts!! one more cut will be a cut to far!! especially for the Navy and Army...!

Exclusive: Inside the Royal Navy ship which almost sank - Portsmouth Today
Nuclear submarines went to sea with potentially disastrous defect | UK news | The Guardian
Army faces biggest cuts since Crimea - Times Online
Troops sent to Iraq without sufficient body armour, Chilcot inquiry told | UK news | guardian.co.uk

:D

I see your point it was a rather sweeping statement;). As you've pointed out it's not just the Army but in affect all the above are land based personnel, what is the point of having a large surface fleet when most of the support the Navy give is to the ground war supporting the Army. They may as well be amalgamated
into the Army or into a joint force. Get rid of the surface fleet concentrate on a combined attack and nuclear deterrent submarine fleet. Not trying to get peoples backs up just questioning :p

I see your point it was a rather sweeping statement;). As you've pointed out it's not just the Army but in affect all the above are land based personnel, what is the point of having a large surface fleet when most of the support the Navy give is to the ground war supporting the Army. They may as well be amalgamated
into the Army or into a joint force. Get rid of the surface fleet concentrate on a combined attack and nuclear deterrent submarine fleet. Not trying to get peoples backs up just questioning :p

That's ok changing the set up of the services to suit this war but what happens when it's a different war and we need them the way they are:rolleyes:. If a war kicks off in a far flung sea someway and against a bigger player we will need them.

Well I'm not going to press it as it will just go on and on, still think that we should retain a mainly defensive based military force a bit like the sweds, small surface patrol fleet for national waters, Submarine nuclear deterrent, and land based forces based around the 16 air assault brigade structure on a larger scale, which can be deployed easily and quickly for conflicts in partnership with the big brother and NATO so we can be seen to do our bit, then let the major sea powers provide the support as we can't keep up:(.

Reply to How to build a Nuclear submarine. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net