Discuss How to get started on big contracts in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lip.82

-
Reaction score
Hi
I'm hoping to get some advice so I can start to move in the right direction, I'm wanting to know what qualifications and anything else I need to get on some big contracts and earn some decent money, I've currently got my C&G L2 & L3 and waiting to do my regs and testing and inspecting. I've been in the game for about 6 years but everyone keeps telling me different things. Could anyone point me in the right direction please

Hi
I'm hoping to get some advice so I can start to move in the right direction, I'm wanting to know what qualifications and anything else I need to get on some big contracts and earn some decent money, I've currently got my C&G L2 & L3 and waiting to do my regs and testing and inspecting. I've been in the game for about 6 years but everyone keeps telling me different things. Could anyone point me in the right direction please
it is like trying to get on the housing ladder.

you must crawl be for you can run. looking at your post you are only half way their .are you working for some body or self funded doing your now 2391!
Hi thanks for the reply. I'm working for someone doing domestic and commercial. I've been putting myself through college on a evening course and just waiting to do the regs etc

Get in touch with the big firm, balfours, spie, ng bailey, amec or whatever they are called now. They all usually have decent jobs running but be prepared to work away from home, weekends and usually binned at the end of the job.

Also, the big jobs, in my experience are heavily policed in terms of breaks and start and finishing times. 10 min tea break not one minute more, 30 min lunch and again not one minute more, shouted out cabin etc. Clock out even 1 second early and prepare to be quartered. I even know of one lad, left early on last day before Xmas, lost all his stat holidays and full months bonus.

But, they are great jobs to be on, plenty of good lads who all look out for each other and real good earners...1k plus per week after tax plus holidays, pension etc.

Reply to How to get started on big contracts in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock