Discuss humans v electricity in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shagbite

after seeing the program on metal thieves the other day, i figured i'd upload a few images to highlight how dangerous electricity can be.

i'm sure we've all had a little tickle off a live circuit before, and we've all been coerced into holding both probes on the megger whilst one of the lads blasts you with 500V. afterwards, you think "that's not so bad." but when you get to the business end of electricity, it's a different story.

i know most of you are seasoned professionals who don't need patronising about the effects that electricity can have on the human body, but if there's anyone reading this thread who's under the misapprehension that working with electricity isn't that dangerous, then hopefully these pictures will change their minds. a little reminder of what can happen if it all goes -----up, won't harm anybody.

stay safe fellas. no one wants to have to deal with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha, sorry shocking_eg. i figured most folk would've finished their tea by now.

haha, what happens to those reading this tomorrow over tea time :p lol

- - - Updated - - -

i watched that program too ! cant believe the stuff people do.. i wouldnt go near a substation let alone cut the damn cables !!!

As an apprentice I had the gruesome task of helping strip out a sub station in a closed mine,it killed one and toasted one other
The mess left was shocking,discoloured switchgear,burnt cores,armourings damaged by the hacksaw prior to the explosion

I never want to see apparatus put through that experience ever again

People just don't care how the poor abused switchgear feels about it aterwards.

It is grim doing the clear up and repair work afterwards. I should claim for the traumatic stress it caused the family and I. I was on overtime for a week afterwards both times! I had to go on holiday after to recover.

People just don't care how the poor abused switchgear feels about it aterwards.

It is grim doing the clear up and repair work afterwards. I should claim for the traumatic stress it caused the family and I. I was on overtime for a week afterwards both times! I had to go on holiday after to recover.

i'd hate to have seen the state you would have been in if they'd damaged some of your beloved motors. LOL.

I watched a video clip on youtube, type in 550Kv Pylon and you will see it, was a couple of blokes winding fishing line over a pylon hoisting a drum of cable up to it for amusement.......big lightning bolt.....huge bang heard for about 60 miles and a waft of brown smoke....

I watched a video clip on youtube, type in 550Kv Pylon and you will see it, was a couple of blokes winding fishing line over a pylon hoisting a drum of cable up to it for amusement.......big lightning bolt.....huge bang heard for about 60 miles and a waft of brown smoke....

Done that Grant and all I get is Mozzart WA Mozart - Symphony No. 40 in G minor, KV 550; I. Molto allegro

Was Mozzart involved I wonder because he was always messing with cords
icon7.png

Reply to humans v electricity in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net