Discuss I have no interest in politics but..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are you bothering to vote in the upcoming general election.

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Bit like having another Brexit referendum, I too can't understand why they should be another Independence vote?

You had a vote, and the result was to stay. So just keep having referendums, till you get the result you want. So if the next one is to leave, what about those that what to stay; could they push for another one, making it the best of three. Or should we have a Northern Scotland like NI.

The fct is that the Scottish electorate were told that the only way to keep Scotland in the EU was to vote NO to independence

We were also told the last independence referendum was “once in a lifetime” chance. Last time I looked, I wasn’t dead yet.

4 miles from England, we are much better off as part of the union than separate.
I also think we were better off as part of the EU, but the EU itself needed stripped back to being just the old common market.

I think now the present MP’s are having a laugh at us. Delays after delays. They’ll be getting expenses for all the extra time they’re in there.

Don't know whats being said here, but almost like we'll keep voting till we get what we want?

Nearly
We live in a parliamentary democracy where the parties lay their plans in manifestos and people vote on that

The point is that the SNP have had a 2nd indy ref in more than one manifiesto they won.
The current election will have another mandate - presuming they get over 50% of the MP's
in Scotland

So if there’s another referendum, and the result is for independence but before it can be instigated, there’s a new manifesto which goes to another referendum which results in a vote to stay.

Where do you stop? Surly this matter has been voted on, and should be left for some time for people to reflect.

So if there’s another referendum, and the result is for independence but before it can be instigated, there’s a new manifesto which goes to another referendum which results in a vote to stay.

Where do you stop? Surly this matter has been voted on, and should be left for some time for people to reflect.

The answer to how many of anything is 'as many a the Scottish Parlaiment vote for'

As I said in my comment ' Is the UK like the Hotel California- you can check out any time you want but can never leave'

The main point is 'the vow' was a lie and broken, tie that to the 'vote NO to independence to stay in the EU' and you have a reason to re-run it

The indy vote was lost by just over 300,000 votes
We have 180,000 EU nationals in Scotland - they almost ALL voted NO to indy, most of them will switch from no to yes

Over 75's voted by a margin of 70% NO, these people are 'moving on'

Gordon Brown, Cameron, Clegg, Milliband promised 'as close to federalism as possible' followed by the Conservatives and Labour colludung to stop powers coming to Scotland in the Smith Commission.

In the end the Scottish Parliament did not get employment law or wages, benefits (or much else)

Sounds like some of the arguments post Brexit referendum. I voted to remain, but accept the result to leave. See how we get on. We might or might not be trying to get back in, some time in the future. But don’t see you can be voting about the same thing every year or so.

Sounds like some of the arguments post Brexit referendum. I voted to remain, but accept the result to leave. See how we get on. We might or might not be trying to get back in, some time in the future. But don’t see you can be voting about the same thing every year or so.
We vote every few years for our govt based on the evidence produced for or against their viability. ?

I was quite content to leave it for a few years but the broken promises and sheer contempt for Scotland tied with the leaving the EU has brought it up the agenda

In the Good Friday agreement there is a 7 year wait between referendums, had we not been leaving the EU with all the chaos that ensues I would be happy to wait.

Until they grow a brain and start counting non-voters and spoilt ballots as a metric against vote spread there is little point.

Use the above, set a threshold and if reached, pull the trigger on the existing setup; complete reshuffle of parties, leaders and political landscape until the amount of non/spoilt ballot voters increases.

When the option is death by hanging or death by firing squad, choosing any option that "may" result in quicker or less painful death seems moot, end result will be the same in pretty much the same timeframe.

Yanks had the right idea with 2nd amendment to overthrow corrupt and over-reaching governments, shame they don't have enough stones to use it in current climate, c'est la vie

Until they grow a brain and start counting non-voters and spoilt ballots as a metric against vote spread there is little point.

Use the above, set a threshold and if reached, pull the trigger on the existing setup; complete reshuffle of parties, leaders and political landscape until the amount of non/spoilt ballot voters increases.

When the option is death by hanging or death by firing squad, choosing any option that "may" result in quicker or less painful death seems moot, end result will be the same in pretty much the same timeframe.

Yanks had the right idea with 2nd amendment to overthrow corrupt and over-reaching governments, shame they don't have enough stones to use it in current climate, c'est la vie

baldelectrician has his views, which shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand. :)

I was quite content to leave it for a few years but the broken promises and sheer contempt for Scotland tied with the leaving the EU has brought it up the agenda

In the Good Friday agreement there is a 7 year wait between referendums, had we not been leaving the EU with all the chaos that ensues I would be happy to wait.
Ohh well, if thats what yous want there's no keeping yous. See you all around, in a few centuries, see how we are all fixed then.

All i know is im fed up with all the parties promises which they never deliver on.
All they seem to do is tell you what you want to hear to get your vote & then **** it up.

Parliament has embarrassed the UK & made us look weak & foolish. They seem to have their own agendas & forget that they serve the peoples vote & democracy.

As a country we voted to leave Europe.
Its simple either we accept Europe's deal or we leave without one. There should be no more delays or revotes to cancel Brexit. We not back at school in the playground saying best out of 3 or until we get the result we want. Parliament needs to grow up & act like adults, your a disgrace.

If parliament doesn't get Brexit sorted & keeps delaying it or cancels it completely then the how can we say we live in a democracy & trust our government - we can't.

Rant over lol

Reply to I have no interest in politics but..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock