Discuss I have not been paid, what shall I do in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Completely understand where you are coming from but as has been mentioned here in NI there is no such registrations needed. If there was I would be registered before trading. Also at no time was anything asked, even if the customer was confused and assumed this as well.
Whatever the local regs and protocols are, one thing all self-employed sparks share in common is the awful experience you are having right now. The good news is you will never find yourself in this situation again. From here on it will be "50% deposit, 20% after first fix, 20%after second fix, 10% on cert handover" or some similar arrangement. Hope it works out for you.

Update. Sent though all invoices.Sent him JIB approved gold card, ECS registration. Regulations that are to be met in Northern Ireland etc. Final demand with payment due this week. He emailed me a copy of an email from the local council building control stating electricians have to be registered , again not who with, to sign off works. Phoned them and it turns out it’s a fraudulent email made up by the home owner. So looks like it’s going to small claims but pretty sure I’ve all bases covered and he is trying to scare me off

That's beyond cheeky. But he has done you a big favour. I know courts can be a lottery even under the best of circumstances but it's hard to see him getting away with that stunt.
Ive been to court a few times .Won on the steps and most certainly won in court .Today its easy...emails ,SMS etc etc .So many ways to form a detailed "paper trail" .years ago it was a lot harder .But I learnt early ... No such thing as a verbal contract or quote . It MUST all be on paper , no cash in hand and its all in the details

That's beyond cheeky. But he has done you a big favour. I know courts can be a lottery even under the best of circumstances but it's hard to see him getting away with that stunt.

There is two senior planning officers which he signed the email off with. No names just their official title which seemed a bit off coming from Belfast city building control and not signing their names on an official email. Both emailed back stating I am correct and there is no regulations whatsoever that the electrician has to be registered anywhere.

Domestic electrical work here does not even warrant an application to them online with the local Building control regs. I did assume you had to be able to prove competency if challenged so have to have cards and certs etc but again that doesn’t even seem to be the case. Probably until something goes wrong. Anyway told the guy I won’t be trying to justify or explain to him anymore as he’s taken up a lot of my time and will just go to the claims court if he doesn’t pay up

There is two senior planning officers which he signed the email off with. No names just their official title which seemed a bit off coming from Belfast city building control and not signing their names on an official email. Both emailed back stating I am correct and there is no regulations whatsoever that the electrician has to be registered anywhere.

Domestic electrical work here does not even warrant an application to them online with the local Building control regs. I did assume you had to be able to prove competency if challenged so have to have cards and certs etc but again that doesn’t even seem to be the case. Probably until something goes wrong. Anyway told the guy I won’t be trying to justify or explain to him anymore as he’s taken up a lot of my time and will just go to the claims court if he doesn’t pay up
Limavady lad here ....I would do things a bit more "Local style" :) Unless you think he is IRA type !

Limavady lad here ....I would do things a bit more "Local style" :) Unless you think he is IRA type !

Believe me that’s the immediate action you want to take but it’s a lot of money and I want the money paid. Anything like that and you’ve no chance seeing any money. Spoke to other local electricians and they agreed. I was up at the door twice the first day he refused, wasn’t home both times funnily enough, but have since calmed down.

Not to say he won’t be getting a visit when the money is in my account

Believe me that’s the immediate action you want to take but it’s a lot of money and I want the money paid. Anything like that and you’ve no chance seeing any money. Spoke to other local electricians and they agreed. I was up at the door twice the first day he refused, wasn’t home both times funnily enough, but have since calmed down.

Not to say he won’t be getting a visit when the money is in my account
How much are you owed?
Is there much in extra's on top of the original quote?

Update. Sent though all invoices.Sent him JIB approved gold card, ECS registration. Regulations that are to be met in Northern Ireland etc. Final demand with payment due this week. He emailed me a copy of an email from the local council building control stating electricians have to be registered , again not who with, to sign off works. Phoned them and it turns out it’s a fraudulent email made up by the home owner. So looks like it’s going to small claims but pretty sure I’ve all bases covered and he is trying to scare me off

Make sure you have the emails from the council confirming the email info was NOT from them or endorsed by them.
This sniffs like fraud / misrepresentation on his part.

May be a good idea to contact the council legal dept and see want they say

Reply to I have not been paid, what shall I do in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net