• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss I must resist I must resist I must........... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
Some people buy the latest audio visual stuff, watches & fountain pens. Some even collect stamps.

And Halfords, really.

GMES

Hairy and proud
Staff member
Admin
I always found the teng tools socket sets to be pretty robust.

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
It is nice in black!

Andy5678

Electrician's Arms
I have an advanced one and used the warranty with no problems didn’t even show the receipt.

It’s had a fair bit of abuse over the last 10 years.

Moley

Baaaa!!!
The warranty doesn't cover the case now. It used to and two guys I work with had them changed when the hinges broke. The tools themselves are great.

Timbo

Regular EF Member
I've got the chrome version. Only fault I can find is the spanners are too thick for a lot of jobs.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
I've got the chrome version. Only fault I can find is the spanners are too thick for a lot of jobs.
they should be suitable for plumbers then. :).

Michael Sands

Regular EF Member
I also have a trade card the sales guy swore the tools have a lifetime guarantee and are made by the same people that make snap-on the card also lets you buy bulbs at a fraction of the ticketed price

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
Some people buy the latest audio visual stuff, watches & fountain pens. Some even collect stamps.

And Halfords, really.
It's not where you buy it is how its made and by who. This is why I don't get the snobbery of buying branded consumer units from Screwfix.

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
I also have a trade card the sales guy swore the tools have a lifetime guarantee and are made by the same people that make snap-on the card also lets you buy bulbs at a fraction of the ticketed price
Wipers blades and certain car batteries as well, most stuff to do with car maintenance is discounted with a trade card, think I got 30% off on Bosch wiper blades.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.