Discuss I Phone or Android in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Charlie_

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Which is best?
Currently have an iPhone and thinking of jumping ship..
Who else has made the switch?
Pros and cons, is it still possible to use the cloud and access all the data?

Have been running the Mi ui for a few years now. Based on Android but very apple like (so I am told). These Xiaomi phones are more than equal to the Apple offerings apparently but at a fraction of the price. Now authorised in the uk so with full support

not an apple fan, find them over priced and from a tech point of view are way behind the high end android handsets.
the newest huawei is amazing but due to political pressure might loose support going forward. the newest samsung s series are good.
I am partial to the LG handsets though, eitherway the cameras on the new phones are amazing.

I purchased a Samsung S6 about 4 years ago.
Found it so clunky and hard to use compared to my iPhone 4, that I took it back the next day and bought an iPhone 6 instead.

Last year was given a new Samsung tablet to use at work.
Ended up buying another iPad to use instead.

Can’t get on with Macs though, prefer Windows 7.

I have had an iPhone for a while now..
Like spin I liked the size of the 4 so purchased an Se which is a 6 but the same size as a 4 and I also prefer windows to Mac for various reasons, mainly due to compatibility with other software/devices..
I never buy new phones as I have other priorities such as tools, etc..
Are android phone more susceptible to viruses than iPhones?
I’m thinking Samsung mainly due to the smart things hub that I’ve started installing..
Is it easy to make the switch over?

I’ve had iPhone 4, 5c, then tried Sony. Bad choice; limited storage space and camera not what you would expect.
Now on iPhone SE, which I like.

I don’t think I’ll go back to Android.

My wife has a 5 now, and the kids have old handsets, so there’s always a charger lying about.

Aren’t samsung and the others just as expensive as apple now?

Family all have iPhone. I have resisted, mainly due to not liking anything Apple since iTunes took over my computer years ago. All the stuff that you used to be only able to do on iPhone is now available on Android. I was a windows phone man for several years, but gave up recently as the support has gone, but they were so simple and easy to use...Android now, and I have seen the light! Plus, for work, buy a simple one outright...if it gets busted, so what? Storage is on the cloud. £200 gets you a great phone, go SIM only and laugh at your friends who struggle with data management...plus, no one is ever going to steal it! LOL! Some brilliant deals out there on SIM only...I get everything I need, calls, texts, messages, data, roaming abroad (Europe)...everything for £1/day...
I don't download movies or use masses of data otherwise, but for £1/day it makes sense...Android, and you have a choice!!! You know it makes sense...

Family all have iPhone. I have resisted, mainly due to not liking anything Apple since iTunes took over my computer years ago. All the stuff that you used to be only able to do on iPhone is now available on Android. I was a windows phone man for several years, but gave up recently as the support has gone, but they were so simple and easy to use...Android now, and I have seen the light! Plus, for work, buy a simple one outright...if it gets busted, so what? Storage is on the cloud. £200 gets you a great phone, go SIM only and laugh at your friends who struggle with data management...plus, no one is ever going to steal it! LOL! Some brilliant deals out there on SIM only...I get everything I need, calls, texts, messages, data, roaming abroad (Europe)...everything for £1/day...
I don't download movies or use masses of data otherwise, but for £1/day it makes sense...Android, and you have a choice!!! You know it makes sense...
you'll still have to rely on a carrier pigeon when you are becalmed in the mid atlantic doldrums. no mobile masts out there.

I get everything I need, calls, texts, messages, data, roaming abroad (Europe)...everything for £1/day...

For £30 a month I'd want it to wash up for me as well...

me too.i get all that on a sim free contract for £16/month.

Reply to I Phone or Android in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock