Discuss I want to make a feature lamp out beer pump in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dazaweav

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to make a feature lamp out of a Guinness LED beer front,20200423_182204.jpg20200425_135033.jpg I need to transform from 240v to either 12v 50Hz 520mA or 24v 50Hz 220mA (pic)
What transformer is needed?
I have a LED transformer that gives 25-42V (pic) is this to powerful?
Thanks in advance

The LED driver looks too high a voltage for the Guinness pump.

If you can get a 12V transformer, probably the sort used for pool or bathroom lighting, it should do as they have more than enough capacity. (If you wonder the SELV part stands for "separated [or safety] extra-low voltage" as not all transformers provide enough isolation, and to a power engineer anything below 1000V is "low voltage").
[automerge]1587822063[/automerge]
Something like this might work for you, it meets the 0.54A demand on the nameplate:

View: https://www.amazon.com/12V-AC-Adapter-Model-Transformer/dp/B07CS5SSG9/ref=sr_1_65?dchild=1&keywords=12v+transformer&qid=1587821955&sr=8-65

Last edited:
Thank you pc1966 for your advice, I am looking at housing a transformer into one of the side pillars for aesthetics, would one of these do the job (pic)?Screenshot_20200425-162030_Amazon Shopping.jpg
[automerge]1587828663[/automerge]
Thank you pc1966 for your advice, I am looking at housing a transformer into one of the side pillars for aesthetics, would one of these do the job (pic)?Screenshot_20200425-162030_Amazon Shopping.jpg
20200425_162108.jpg

It might, but it is DC output and the pump is specifying an AC input.

With the "wall wart" type you probably have to cut off the low voltage plug to connect anyway, so you can extend that wire by a coupler of yards if necessary. Or if you find a matching socket use that for an easy to separate connections.

As it is AC you don't have to worry about which way round it is connected.

Last edited:
It might, but it is DC output and the pump is specifying an AC input.

With the "wall wart" type you probably have to cut off the low voltage plug to connect anyway, so you can extend that wire by a coupler of yards if necessary. Or if you find a matching socket use that for an easy to separate connections.

As it is AC you don't have to worry about which way round it is connected.
Thanks again, I will look on Amazon now for a 3 pin plug version (UK) thanks for all your explaining things to me!
Regards Dazaweav

Last edited:

Reply to I want to make a feature lamp out beer pump in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net