Discuss Idea for 'Find an Electrician' forum. in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Quite a few of use have put our names down in the 'Find an Electrician' forum and I have a suggestion.

When you go on to this part of the forum it just gives a big long list of names and no other information unless you click on the persons name. No client is going to go through this list clicking on the names trying to find someone in their area, it's not going to happen. My suggestion is that you have a search bar for post codes which will locate those electricians nearest to you (out of the ones that have added themselves to this part of the forum). Nothing else, nothing fancy, just a search bar for post codes.

It's the very first forum title that you see and I think this is an ideal opportunity to make the most of it and allow clients to find us.

Would you be able to do this Dan?

Yes.

But.....

What my intention is, is to have a couple of pages worth of County's, then split that category into towns and cities.

Some people don't put their post code in. And some work well outside of their post code. So splitting it into areas would be wise.

I have a drop-down box with counties in so far on tilersforums if you want to take a look.

Thanks Dan, sounds like you're already giving it quite a bit of thought.

(would click 'thanks' but you know...;)).

Reply to Idea for 'Find an Electrician' forum. in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have three forums that were all UK. We now have them open to the world and appear in international search engines (as in Google.com when...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I was asked how to add a 'placement' (advert) on ElectriciansForums.net via Google Ads. Apparently it's easy. According to this Google Help Page...
Replies
Views
Are you a skilled electrician looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity? We're seeking a dedicated Electrician to join our team...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - A Guide to Click Sockets: Which Is Right For You? Click Sockets Guide: Which is right for you? Click is a leading manufacturer...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, My name is Jorge I’m 29 years old and a Spanish electrical technician student at “IES San Marcos” technical college in Tenerife. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock