Discuss Identify this head unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You can't be guessing or noting what the carrier has written on it. Without physically seeing it you must state NV. If anyone queries this tell them the head is not part of your remit to be interfering with. To be honest this info is generally irrelevant.
Fair enough I’ll just put NV from now on, if I get questioned again on my assessment I’ll explain why I’ve noted on the certificate as NV

He maybe did notify the dno but because of the daft setup with suppliers chopping and changing things get overlooked..
Also meter readers should be observing and reporting substandard kit..
Any paperwork from the consumer unit change?

Maybe he did and they didn't . Is there previous certification?

He maybe did notify the dno but because of the daft setup with suppliers chopping and changing things get overlooked..
Also meter readers should be observing and reporting substandard kit..
Any paperwork from the consumer unit change?
Customer didn’t have anything the other day when I asked but was getting onto their solicitor to check why no paperwork was available on purchasing the house

All these comments about me opening the panel and still no one has actually confirmed my suspicions of what the BS number is and what the rating could be

Customer didn’t have anything the other day when I asked but was getting onto their solicitor to check why no paperwork was available on purchasing the house

I think solicitors check whether here has been a Part P notification
If there has been a notified job they then request the certification
If no job has been notified no cert request because its a unknown

Part P seems to be irrelevant except when there has been a notification made,no notification no problems are encountered

Bs3036
Could be any size fuse wire that fits
Cheers for confirmation I thought it would be the 3036 but wasn’t sure that covered the incoming cut out as well as a old Wylex board it says in the lid 30 amp but possibly upgraded years back with either a 4” nail or a 60 amp piece of wire :eek::eek:

Does your dno have notice forms for such things so you can arrange for it to be upgraded?
I’ve informed my customer to notify them and arrange the upgrade I’ve now finished on the job, and I’ve noted my recommendations on my certificate to cover my arse

In this situation I email or phone the dno and submit a form to request upgrade..
I am in a lucky position though as over here in the iom we only have 1 dno and I’m on 1st name terms with all their staff who have a great rapport with the electrical trade..

You'll probably want to record it as BS3036 but it actually pre-dates that standard by a few decades. I would generally not recommend opening CI cutouts. If anything is loose or broken inside, there is a much higher risk of short-circuiting the incoming service compared with all-insulated units, with resulting nasty arc flash. The supply impedances are often lower now than when they were installed (this one could be 90 years old) so their designers were not anticipating the kind of fireball that can occur today when blowing a 315A substation fuse.

That said, if anyone comes across disconnected / redundant ones, I need them for the collection.

In this situation I email or phone the dno and submit a form to request upgrade..
I am in a lucky position though as over here in the iom we only have 1 dno and I’m on 1st name terms with all their staff who have a great rapport with the electrical trade..
Wish it was as simple over here bud I asked if the DNO could put an isolator switch in a couple of months back they said we don’t do that, so my response was how do I perform safe isolation then, they said we’ll get back to you, still waiting!!
You'll probably want to record it as BS3036 but it actually pre-dates that standard by a few decades. I would generally not recommend opening CI cutouts. If anything is loose or broken inside, there is a much higher risk of short-circuiting the incoming service compared with all-insulated units, with resulting nasty arc flash.

That said, if anyone comes across disconnected / redundant ones, I need them for the collection.
cheers for the info

Rung em last week over here for a main fuse upgrade and got told can’t talk talk to you need the homeowner, I had to write the homeowner a script as she had no idea what to say to them

Just mark it down as 'obsolete' else Not verified or not known. Mark the certificate as it needs sorting by customer and DNO. Get paid and walk away.

Rung em last week over here for a main fuse upgrade and got told can’t talk talk to you need the homeowner, I had to write the homeowner a script as she had no idea what to say to them
Exactly the problem I had a few weeks ago so I told customer what to say to get it changed ASAP

Total opposite over here..
Customer only signs the form to pay the bill, we do everything else, saves so much hassle..

Attachments

• Identify this head unit B9A01699-9AA4-42C1-8BC7-F862467E8879 - EletriciansForums.net
    B9A01699-9AA4-42C1-8BC7-F862467E8879.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • Identify this head unit E863AA8E-4229-45AD-A729-99FFB9150339 - EletriciansForums.net
    E863AA8E-4229-45AD-A729-99FFB9150339.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

Reply to Identify this head unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock