Discuss IDNO who will move main supply, fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I want to move my main supply, fuse, cutout etc from the partition wall under the stairs to the brick wall opposite. There’s enough slack on the cable, it’s not ancient and it would be in a better place than it currently is.

UKPowerNetworks have been hard work about it. There’s plenty of places to be in regs, but then you have their workers standards etc which has resulted in difficulty of placement in our Victorian Terrace. They want to knock down walls, dig trenches and install right in our livingroom instead of agreeing to move it 3 feet (Max). Very costly of course, but the worst thing is placement.

They’ve told me an IDNO can do it, but I’m currently struggling to find one that will service the UKPN network. Any leads will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Christian

If you cant get the DNO or an IDNO to move the cut out & meter, you can always have a fused-switch fitted and then a run of armoured wire to wherever you want you consumer unit fitted.

It is not exactly what you want, but maybe enough to get you main goal(s) completed.

If you cant get the DNO or an IDNO to move the cut out & meter, you can always have a fused-switch fitted and then a run of armoured wire to wherever you want you consumer unit fitted.

It is not exactly what you want, but maybe enough to get you main goal(s) completed.
Thanks,
It’s on a partition wall that has to come down. They’ve given me an option of installing it outside now, so think I’ll have to go that route.

Reply to IDNO who will move main supply, fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, any recommendations for neat and complaint ways to "house" a new supply -- the main electrical fuse, cut out, meter etc that on our house...
Replies
Views
About 15 years ago, after having had a modern consumer unit fitted, and prompted by our electrician, I asked my then energy supplier (Tonik) if...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
TLDR: is there a legal requirement to have a landlords supply to power an L2 alarm system? Mornin'. Non-electrician, under the cosh from an iffy...
Replies
Views
I've been looking in to upgrading the mains supply to a large house that has since been split into 4 flats and add a new ryefield board etc. UK...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock