• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss I'm looking for work. in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I'm looking for work in either the domestic or commercial sector. I have 10 years experience I'm qualified to City and Guilds level 3 17th edition have a ESC card and am working towards NVQ level 3. I've been very fortunate having the oppurtunity to work for a small reputable local company which has provided me the chance to work on a huge variety of projects so am very competent in many areas of the industry. I have my own transport and a good set of over used tools.
Thanks for reading.
Richard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Richard. You might wish to ask a mod to remove your mobile number, you might get spammed.

Have you tried getting work locally?
The company I subcontract for are local to me. I've approached other companies and find they're resistant to offering me anything even when I'm giving my time for low or no wages. Its a hard industry to work in, its seems nobody wants to help me out. Agencies have messed me around so much with money or not getting me jobs I've now given up on them. I used to be a landscape gardener but gave it up to try this out.

I did some subbing or one small company, I was paid ÂŁ15 an hour. I declined later offers in preference to doing my own work. Are you self employed?

I did some subbing or one small company, I was paid ÂŁ15 an hour. I declined later offers in preference to doing my own work. Are you self employed?
Yes. All my working life self employed. 15 an hour sounds reasonable. I should be on a lot more with my skill set....but the electrical work I get pays that rate because I'm not NVQ qualified. Not that the NVQ is going to help me understand how to do my job any better, but I've got to get it otherwise I'll continue being paid a labourers rate. There are thousands of electricians in Southend all vying for the same work. I do have some contacts but seldom contact me when they do I end up doing menial work. Two years ago I worked on a massive distribution factory in Maldon, Essex where I undertook a majority of the wiring, made armoured cables into 5 submain boards, installed all the basket/ tray at high level, second fixing, miles of data and then tested it all which took a week. So to be told by a domestic sparkly that they can't trust me to install little fuse boards is an insult frankly. Like I said before I've been very fortunate that the small company I sub for has had such a variety of work and had the good sense to keel me going when can because it feels as if Ive recieved a very good commercial apprenticeship. It's just the paperwork I need not the experience.

Think you might then be interested in some more industrial work. Have you thought about going on the cards for the larger companies? Have you got your cv up to date?

Hi mate, where are you based? Are you prepared to work away. I have a lot on and need somebody who can join my team.
Mostly new stores for a high street chain and some rebrands. DM me and we can have a chat if you are interested.

Hi mate, where are you based? Are you prepared to work away. I have a lot on and need somebody who can join my team.
Mostly new stores for a high street chain and some rebrands. DM me and we can have a chat if you are interested.
Hi. I'm based in Southend Essex. Am interested, however, I have child care responsibilities midweek but could potentially with prior notice work around that problem. Not sure how to DM you as I am new to this website. I've just started sorting out my NVQ so need to build a portfolio up. Probably could be of use to you if theres a variety of work.
Thanks for the offer.

I'm looking for work in either the domestic or commercial sector. I have 10 years experience I'm qualified to City and Guilds level 3 17th edition have a ESC card and am working towards NVQ level 3. I've been very fortunate having the oppurtunity to work for a small reputable local company which has provided me the chance to work on a huge variety of projects so am very competent in many areas of the industry. I have my own transport and a good set of over used tools.
Thanks for reading.
Richard.
Hi mate, are you still looking? I need somebody in January.

Reply to I'm looking for work. in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock