Discuss Important! Bogus letter/invoice in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gorilla

Hi Guys

Just thought I would give all of you a little warning about a Invoice my dads Joinery company received last week. At the time we just thought it was a honest mistake by the company but yesterday in our local paper the Stirling Observer it was front page news.

We received an Invoice from the "Ashwood Institute of Industry Accreditation" (AIIA) it was for a value of £299.98

We have never heard of this company until last week and phoned up then and explained to them that we never agreed to anything with them but they insisted we did they can not prove who they spoke to also they have sent the Invoice to our workshop address and not the main business address they also managed to incorrectly spell our company name.

We weren't the only company that received one of these Invoices and after a phone call to the local trading standards I was informed over 1,000 companies have been targeted. I was advised by the Stirling Council Trading Standards Advisor to inform any one who is likely to get one of the invoices as they feel that the AIIA have hit not just the Stirling area.

If you get one of these do not pay it and please contact your local trading standards office as well as contact your business lawyers if you have one.

Stirling Observer Article

Please look out for this, especially if you operate around the Central Belt of Scotland.

There are loads of these going about all the time. I've had one, and a sponsor on another forum has just report he's had one from an intellectual property filing firm, though a hoax/dodgy one it sounds like.

Reply to Important! Bogus letter/invoice in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net