Discuss impossible job obviously declined. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

think the situation is that original sparks was paid for 1st fix, when in fact he'd only done about 30% of it, then done a runner and won't answer phone to customer, who was under the impression that it was just 2nd fix, test and cert. anyway, my lad phoned him last night and told him no way, as he works full time and is not prepared to give up so many weekends, and I'm not prepared to do an 80 mile round trip for several days commitment out of the area, and it's a pig of a job anyway.

you have to love the good old we know best customer, they live in a different world..I had a guy wanting me to fit a garage cu for £100 call me up over weekend, said he had measured the distances and would buy the right amount and size of cable and would himself get the consumer unit as he doesnt like trades marking up the materials! i said no thanks im far too busy! felt £100 was fair for the labour involved...
Its always a laugh when the customer measures up the cable to the exact length as to try to save some pennies and it then comes in a foot too short.

It’s funny coming from it at different angles. Having been a customer a few years back you think that electrics are just a few wires and can’t be that expensive. Currently working on annex conversion with biomass plant room with sub main RCBO CU. Also having to run power to a Klargester sewerage treatment plant and sheds. Probably easily over £1000 in materials before any labour factored in.

I WILL START A THREAD! However, there is another one currently...10 things you don't know about me, Mr Doubting Thomas, and only after I have revealed all there, will I return to this one...meantime, customers/clients are nightmares...as we have all said, if it wasn't for them, this would be a great job...
whatever job you do.

the guy that ran peep peeps bar had the britains hardest pubs lot in his pub, nothing hard about his pub, but anyways, he hated his customers and his bar was pretty much full alot of the time

Customers who want to get their own material is a red flag for me. I have seen there are patterns to crafty customers. Those who buy material who tell you how long your job should take, and when you ask for payment they pull out the complaint list. RUN A MILE. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Unless they are property developers, customers who want to get their own material is a red flag for me. I have seen there are patterns to crafty customers. Those who buy material who tell you how long your job should take, and when you ask for payment they pull out the complaint list. RUN A MILE. Don't give them the satisfaction.

When they buy their own materials they often buy cheap, shoddy stuff that can be a bu**er to fit taking more time; or even not suitable for where they want to use it. Then when it fails within a short time they expect you to come back and fix it for free as "you installed it".

Reply to impossible job obviously declined. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net