Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Induction cooker hardwiring 32amp in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All,

We are in the process of replacing our gas hob to an induction hob (7.35 KW, 32 Amp). Our electrician suggested that we get a radical circuit terminated at a 32 amp RCBO. There are currently double pole switches for exhaust and washing machine hanging from another ring main. Our idea is to have a grid with switches for all three appliance in one grid. Our electrician suggested that he can run the radical circuit to a 32 amp switch module in the grid, and use 20 amp switch modules for the exhaust and washing machine.

Following are my doubts:

1. Should we get a 32 amp or 40 amp RCBO
2. As per the induction cooker, it says "This product requires hardwiring to a 32 Amp fuse". The separate radical circuit and 32 amp switch would suffice?

32 amp switch : UK Electrical Supplies - https://www.ukelectricalsupplies.com/click-minigrid-md032wh-32a-double-pole-twin-width-blank-switch-module-white.htm

Induction cooker:
AEG IKE64441FB Electric Induction Hob - Black - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/cooking/hobs/aeg-ike64441fb-electric-induction-hob-black-10178521-pdt.html

Thanks in advance

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

mattg4321

-
Arms
Esteemed
If you don't trust your presumably qualified, experienced and competent electrician, I suggest you find another that you do trust.

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
Lets be nice. :)

I would suggest that would be a poor design, to have all such appliances on the one circuit; not a great admirer of using grid switches for appliance, although its used extensively on new builds, primarily to comply with Part M, I think.

What is your current kitchen wiring set up @vineeth?

O

Octopus

If your spark is suggesting a 32A circuit for the hob, washing machine and cooker hood I would say he’s wrong.

Fixed appliances such as hobs should be on their own dedicated circuit .....

Charlie_

-
Arms
Do you do a lot of cooking and tend to have all the rings on for a decent amount of time?
That hob is rated at 7.35 kw so right on the limit if you’re an enthusiastic cook

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey All,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Guess I was not clear with my original post. Currently there are 2 ring mains:
[1] 32amp ring main where all appliances are connected
[2] Cooker ring main with a combi microwave and an oven.

The plan is to add another 32 amp radical circuit off a RCBO just for the induction cooker. The grid would have two 20amp switches (For dishwasher and exhaust from Ring main 1), and a 32amp switch (For the induction hob from the new 32amp radical circuit.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi All,

We are in the process of replacing our gas hob to an induction hob (7.35 KW, 32 Amp). Our electrician suggested that we get a radical circuit terminated at a 32 amp RCBO. There are currently double pole switches for exhaust and washing machine hanging from another ring main. Our idea is to have a grid with switches for all three appliance in one grid. Our electrician suggested that he can run the radical circuit to a 32 amp switch module in the grid, and use 20 amp switch modules for the exhaust and washing machine.

Following are my doubts:

1. Should we get a 32 amp or 40 amp RCBO
2. As per the induction cooker, it says "This product requires hardwiring to a 32 Amp fuse". The separate radical circuit and 32 amp switch would suffice?

32 amp switch : UK Electrical Supplies - https://www.ukelectricalsupplies.com/click-minigrid-md032wh-32a-double-pole-twin-width-blank-switch-module-white.htm

Induction cooker:
AEG IKE64441FB Electric Induction Hob - Black - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/cooking/hobs/aeg-ike64441fb-electric-induction-hob-black-10178521-pdt.html

Thanks in advance
That would be RADIAL circuit Vin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Pete / Charlie / Matt, thanks for the info. I guess the radical circuit would be best option to go for. Just have the doubt on whether I could use that 32 amp switch to hardwire the cooker on to this radical circuit. Hope I am making sense :)

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hey All,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Guess I was not clear with my original post. Currently there are 2 ring mains:
[1] 32amp ring main where all appliances are connected
[2] Cooker ring main with a combi microwave and an oven.

The plan is to add another 32 amp radical circuit off a RCBO just for the induction cooker. The grid would have two 20amp switches (For dishwasher and exhaust from Ring main 1), and a 32amp switch (For the induction hob from the new 32amp radical circuit.
This all seems awfully complicated.

Charlie_

-
Arms
The thing is with those type of hobs is that the combined load of all 4 hobs is about 10kW..
When all hobs are switched on the overall load is reduced..
In some instances I would apply diversity; such as the overall maximum demand but not for a single supply to this type of hob if it is known that it will be used at full power for long durations

Reply to Induction cooker hardwiring 32amp in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom