Discuss Installation method in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
So, we’re creating office space out of 2 classrooms. Metal stud wall will be put up, grid ceiling everywhere. We’ve had a price by one firm. I think it’ll be twin and earth lashed in in the ceiling void based on the price (although i haven’t seen spec yet). Given a job like this, would you find twin and earth and surface trunking an acceptable installation method? The grid is already up (repurposing classrooms) so access isn’t totally unrestricted.

so, how would you do a job like this

MEM 2 board. A mix of different circuits already in different methods, a bit of buried conduit (that wouldn’t be much use going forward), T+E - but i think the opportunity will be taken to rewire it all as even the lighting circuits will need to be separately switched per office instead of one switch for the classroom.

If the quote proposed mini trunking I would immediately reject it.

Looks like I'm being lumped with the install at the minute, so I'll be putting dado drops in to all the office spaces, which will leave a few 'cleaners' sockets and light switches to worry about - I think steel conduit drops in the stud work are best for these, but I've not had to fix conduit like this before - is it just a case of saddles with self tappers on to the metal stud work for each drop, or is there a more elegant solution?

Here the spec would insist on galvanised trunking with galvanised conduit drops wired with 6491B singles.

Reply to Installation method in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock