Currently reading:
Installing electrics in new build

Discuss Installing electrics in new build in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I'm building a new house and I like to do all electric work myself to save money.

Instead of paying an electrician £6k+, I thought I'll instead invest in training myself to become competent (enough) to install electrics myself in my new build.

My objective is not to gain employment, I'm happy with my current job in computing.

I know there's a number of discussions about these courses:
City & Guilds 4141-01 - Electrical Installation Work within a Domestic Dwelling
City & Guilds 2393 – Part P Building Regulations
City & guilds 2392-10 – Inspection & Testing Course

Would these courses enable me to do electrics for my new build?
Can someone suggest/recommend alternative courses?

Thanks
Idil

Hi

I'm building a new house and I like to do all electric work myself to save money.

Instead of paying an electrician £6k+, I thought I'll instead invest in training myself to become competent (enough) to install electrics myself in my new build.

My objective is not to gain employment, I'm happy with my current job in computing.

Thanks
Idil
I am not an electrician, but have been involved in electrical engineering design during my career, so I am very confident with domestic installations, I just ask electrician to certify it, so its all cosher, which can cost between £150 and £300.

I am not an electrician, but have been involved in electrical engineering design during my career, so I am very confident with domestic installations, I just ask electrician to certify it, so its all cosher, which can cost between £150 and £300.
If you can find an Electrician to test and certify an installation carried out by a self confessed non electrician.

Hi

Thanks
Idil
It will need Part P notifying and all the courses won't qualify you to do that. Just get a Part P qualified electrician to do the job. A little bit of knowledge is DANGEROUS thing!

Reply to Installing electrics in new build in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock