Discuss Instalment from Chris the sparks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Chris walk away from the £5300 rewire , your price was already on the cheap side imo for a full rewire of a 4/5 bed house. Any less and you might as well do it for free. The cheaper sparks won’t do a good job , I guarantee it will be s rushes bodge.
In my area you would be looking at £6000+ for that size job and a decent job of it.

Chris walk away from the £5300 rewire , your price was already on the cheap side imo for a full rewire of a 4/5 bed house. Any less and you might as well do it for free. The cheaper sparks won’t do a good job , I guarantee it will be s rushes bodge.
In my area you would be looking at £6000+ for that size job and a decent job of it.
I got out priced for a 3 bed semi the other week, the cheaper quote was £2.5k this was in birmingham.

I got out priced for a 3 bed semi the other week, the cheaper quote was £2.5k this was in birmingham.

Empty property , standard floor Boards not chip boards , absolutely no making good , single light pendant in each room and normal amount of sockets
2.5k cash job

Anything else forget it

In the video he extols the way Wago MF jb’s have to be done. In an earlier post of his on here I flagged up how he’d shoved a load of Wago boxes in a ceiling void called them MF and they weren’t. Maybe he’s finally learning something, or learnt to read.

The comments on the video made interesting reading as he asks viewers about swa cable sizes for a job. Someone did the Calc for him to suggest his proposed size was too small so Chris back tracked saying he’d over estimated the length. Blinding.

Then he waffles on about taking a supply to an outbuilding from the house board (TT) that is on an RCD. Only spare way in the board is RCD protected to be run by SWA to the outhouse where he will then create another TT system. He holds up some thin shitty Screwfixed rod he has in the van like it’s a proper earthing device.

Glad I’m not paying him to do work, my apprentice knows more than he does!

Reply to Instalment from Chris the sparks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net