Discuss insulation testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pushrod

when doing insulation testing the reading starts climbing but then goes to "OR" with an arrow above it pointing up and a "1" beside. Have some instructions with it but they don't explain this reading. get the same thing no matter what the voltage is set at and with all the M.ohm settings(20, 200 and 2000). The battery is ok and the model is a robin KMP 3075DL. Anyone familiar with this - unfortunately the only meter i am relatively familiar with is a megger.

OR means over range so the circuit is clear with a healthy cable.

The reason that it may be slow is if the cable is fairly long, it takes longer to charge.

OR means over range so the circuit is clear with a healthy cable.

The reason that it may be slow is if the cable is fairly long, it takes longer to charge.

Are you saying that the resistance is greater than the range selected and that it is working ok?

was just having another little play with it and was wondering whether i had really pushed the leads in firmly enough when i was using it before :eek:
Unfortunately won't be able to do an insulation test until tomorrow to check that possibility out.

Have checked the fuse and that is ok.

Jason's right mate.

I used to have a Robin test kit and OR means that your insulation reading is greater than the scale of the meter i.e >999MO so it is totally clear and fit for use.

Cheers:D.

Basically yes.

If you hold the probes (not literally) away from any circuit and press the test button, you should get the same display read out ie OR

Thanks lads, at least i know i haven't broken it. (Where's the little yella fella heaving a sigh of relief :D)

Reply to insulation testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock