Discuss Is certificate part of installation? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I don’t want to see my sister ripped off, so I thought I’d ask a quick question of you guys if I may?
My sister had underfloor heating installed in bathroom with new circuit. The electrician said he would get her a minor regs certificate which She needs to uphold the underfloor heating manufacturers warranty. Now he texts her to say it will cost £75 for the cert with 10 year warranty for peace of mind to call him out if any problems. Should the certificate not be included in the original quote for the u/f heating installation? And therefore not be an extra £75?

Welcome to the forum mate, what did her original quote for works say? But yes if a new circuit is installed she should have an EIC issued......over here at least not sure about Guernsey

Welcome to the forum mate, what did her original quote for works say? But yes if a new circuit is installed she should have an EIC issued......over here at least not sure about Guernsey
Thanks Baddegg- I’ll check with her what here quote said. I should have said she (and the work) is in Wales. Regs in Guernsey are not so tight, but UK regs are generally considered best practise.

Paying £75 for the guararantee is a totally separate issue to certification for works done. You do not have to pay for guarantee to get certificate.

Also you stated it’s a brand new circuit. If that’s the case a minor works cert is not good enough. It should be an EIR electrical installation certificate and it should be notified to building control.
These certs and notifications must be carried out as part of works whether in the quote or not.

Separate to the subject of contravening the IEE regulations for not supplying certification for the electrical installation
As far as I know there is always a company warranty that requires the installer to supply meter readings to include in the guarantee paperwork that comes with the mats,
this should be done before and after laying the goods

I agree with the point, as first, you need to take care of your work as it should be carry in a good manner. at the same time, why you need to pay extra money for the certification. Don't they have anything else for the sack of warranty that proves it?

Reply to Is certificate part of installation? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net