Discuss Is the main fuse big enough? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

IAmSparkytus!

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hello

Shop with a 100A main fuse

LED lights few amps max, cash tills, cash machine, roller shutter, auto door, nothing pulling much power but there are 5 motors totalling 80.5A FLA

Realistically what sort of power would this site be pulling constantly?

Slightly conecerned that it may be near the limit but Have worked in other shops of a similar size and when the clamp meters been put on have been surprised to see a 15-20A reading 🤷🏾‍♀️

How are the motors used, i.e. will they pull FLA for long periods? Are they likely to all start at the same time, etc?

I would doubt it is a problem for the fuse, but attaching a power quality analyser on for a day or so would reveal all, if it is a big concern.

Approximately half of that is for air conditioning, other half being for refrigeration which are unlikely to all run at the same time, at least not all of the time, may coincidentally run at the same time every so often.

From experience shouldn’t be a problem but always a bit reluctant to say it’ll be fine!

Reply to Is the main fuse big enough? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys I have been tasked with upgrading some old rewireable fuseboards for a food warehouse that runs continually 24/7. I was asked to do an...
Replies
Views
Hi gorgeous people. I've just been looking at a garage to re-establish the lights in it and put up a couple of LED battens but I have come across...
Replies
Views
D
Hi All, Right here goes.. I have been asked to attend a Manchester city centre job where I have been asked to wire an upstairs flat which is...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
B
Is the most common cause of this problem a loose connection? I came across a burnt out neutral wire on a 100A DP main switch earlier. It was...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
W
Morning lads, Having a bit of a moment and struggling to get my head around a few things (that are undoubtedly very straight forward). Im...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock