Discuss Is this Asbestos? In an old Ceiling in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is it Asbestos?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 14 100.0%

• Total voters
Having just drilled some holes into a ceiling that was obviously plasterboard to then discover that the ceiling had been boarded over and was very suspicious that it may be an asbestos board or that the artex that was on the original board may contain asbestos, I sent a sample to Asbestos Testing Kit - £39.95 FREE 24hr Delivery - https://www.asbestos-sampling.com/, cost around £40 and results within the week.
Suggest you send the sample away before you start work, to get a positive result after the event (as I have) is somewhat concerning

Having just drilled some holes into a ceiling that was obviously plasterboard to then discover that the ceiling had been boarded over and was very suspicious that it may be an asbestos board or that the artex that was on the original board may contain asbestos, I sent a sample to Asbestos Testing Kit - £39.95 FREE 24hr Delivery - https://www.asbestos-sampling.com/, cost around £40 and results within the week.
Suggest you send the sample away before you start work, to get a positive result after the event (as I have) is somewhat concerning

Firstly it is not good advice to ask unqualified and uninsured people to start chopping up asbestos to them send in the post.

Secondly before starting works in a building like that a proper survey should have been done prior to starting anyway.

Reply to Is this Asbestos? In an old Ceiling in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net