Discuss isar HE24 No lights in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Keith Bostock

Hi hope someone on here can help
I have just purchased and moved into another house and can not get the isar HE24 boiler working
when I turn on the boiler makes all the right sounds like its working and I can feel a small amount of heat from the base of the boiler, but all the pipes are cold , no hot water or radiators, there are no lights on the front control penal and the code window is not lit
I checked the jumper in the orange pcb but it fell out as I touched it and I'm not sure where it goes, there is only one and it was on the right side if that helps
iv also checked the connecting wire to the pcb and its was clean and tight
any insight will be grate

Sounds like its not been told to run (external controls/thermostat needs setting or boiler valves isolated) Otherwise call a heating engineer.

Could be a number of things, sorry to say but they are an awful boiler. Simple things I would check would be internal fuses and any internal plugs are fully pushed home. If its not something simple then you will have to call an engineer out which will probably result with you having to replace the PCB.

Last edited:
thanks the remote thermostat timer is sending the signal and the receiver light comes on the fuse is ok and working I'm thinking of getting a user control pcb and trying that

take out a maintenance contract with british gas. give it a month, then ring the fault in. :single ****:

don't they come out and have a butchers at the boiler before taking it on?

I was at a property a couple of weeks ago, customer just moved in, I was changing light fittings etc. While there, a British Gas guy came to look at the boiler etc prior to accepting the installation for a maintenance contract. He spent close to an hour on site checking the boiler, thermostats, radiators, occasionally muttering comments about possible reasons for certain things to be excluded from the cover. I was a bit surprised.

I was at a property a couple of weeks ago, customer just moved in, I was changing light fittings etc. While there, a British Gas guy came to look at the boiler etc prior to accepting the installation for a maintenance contract. He spent close to an hour on site checking the boiler, thermostats, radiators, occasionally muttering comments about possible reasons for certain things to be excluded from the cover. I was a bit surprised.

I've heard that they wont even touch some boiler makes on their maintenance contract. Imo it would be a bit of a silly business model to take on anything and everything.

I've heard that they wont even touch some boiler makes on their maintenance contract. Imo it would be a bit of a silly business model to take on anything and everything.
that's true. they refused my ex missus, but she was a right old boiler.

Hi I agree these are rubbish boilers main issues as already mentioned is that the pcb go....my advise would be to get the orange casing pcb and give the black one a miss, more robust. ......issues is actually the transformer burning out.

Reply to isar HE24 No lights in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net