Discuss isolation transformer on yacht in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nikemeike

Why some yacht use isolation transformer, do they also need simple diode galvanic isolation?
I know that shore ground wire should cross diode pack (one way of isolation). Diode act as voltage knee of about 1,5V - this prevent stray and galvanic DC currents to harm the boat, but why the need for isolation transformer?

Reply to isolation transformer on yacht in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good day, I am new on the site and I want to share knowledge with electricians specialized in conversions between European and American Electric...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views
Hi, This post is about my concerns with medical IT socket outlets and want to alert you all if you are fitting them in a hospital. The current...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm new here and greatly appreciate any assistance that more qualified persons can provide. I am a DIY person with some, but limited...
Replies
Views
If we had 4 appliances to power, one in every room of a house, Once the current passes through them all, the remaining voltage & current is said...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock