Discuss Jacuzzi ... to 702 or not to 702 ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Recently been to a site with a 3month old hot tub install that had been done by another sparks, with the IP66 rotary isolator just 650mm from the edge of the Jacuzzi. It is possible to be partially immersed in the Jacuzzi and lean out to operate the isolator.

Would you consider this acceptable, or suggest the homeowner get the sparks back and put it at a minimum of 2m from the edge of the Jacuzzi ?

Personally I would not fit an isolator any closer than 2m from the edge of a Jacuzzi, but as Section 702 only applies to swimming pools, fountains and paddling pools, there is reasonable argument that the isolator can be closer than 2m.

The Jacuzzi is a double insulated piece of equipment, it's controls which are suitably IP protected are extra low voltage and all electrical connections to the Jacuzzi are contained behind panels needing a tool to open. So, with the supply circuit being RCD protected, should it bother me that the isolator is accessible when someone is in the Jacuzzi?

Have included a poll as well so you can simply vote if you don't have any strong views.

Reply to Jacuzzi ... to 702 or not to 702 ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
Hello fellow sparks. Just a query about a job i've been asked to do recently. I've been planning it, regarding the cable sizing and method(s) of...
Replies
Views
sparkyjohn1
S
S
Both Basic & Fault Protection SELV – if anything is provided by SELV, this gets a tick, otherwise N/A. Examples would be 12v extractor fan or 12v...
Replies
Views
G
Many thanks to ukpablo for finding and posting this in a thread. Thought it would be a useful "sticky.:) Here's a quick guide to what the...
Replies
Views
moospark
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock