Discuss JCC V50 downlights or alternative in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

elton

-
Reaction score
Customer looking to change 33 JCC old existing downlights ,with JCC V50 downlights.The ceiling height is 60mm only so choices are limited for fire rated downlights.
JCC customer service suggested their JCC V50 fitting.Than I found out that manufactory advices no more than 20 fitting per circuit. There is 2 circuit in the house and there more lights in there.As will be fitting 33 of them, I am at the maximum of nr of fitting per circuit.
Does anyone have experience with these lights? or can you suggest an alternative to JCC V50,
Many thanks

i've used a few of them and found them excellent. they only need 50mm space above ceiling. not sure about the max.no.on a circuit. i've fitted 12 with no problems. the 20 max. could refer to 20 on 1 switch, rather than 20 on 1 circuit,

Why does the customer think they need fire rated?

JCC do tend to recommend the max per circuit

Last edited by a moderator:
i've used a few of them and found them excellent. they only need 50mm space above ceiling. not sure about the max.no.on a circuit. i've fitted 12 with no problems. the 20 max. could refer to 20 on 1 switch, rather than 20 on 1 circuit,

I'd think that too.

I use KSR QR10 which fit in a 50mm void due to having separate drivers, but the drivers must be kept away from any insulation if present.

Just read again and is on bolt letters,max of fitting per circuit not to exceed 20,and also they state that it may be need to upgrade the mcb to allow for the inrush current. Or am I just overthinking all this

Just read again and is on bolt letters,max of fitting per circuit not to exceed 20,and also they state that it may be need to upgrade the mcb to allow for the inrush current. Or am I just overthinking all this

Upgrading the mcb is probably a very good idea ....

once had to price a 2nd fix on downlights, 336 of the buggers, all with 4" kingspan above ceiling needed cutting away through dowlight holes. . gave him a silly price of £7k labour. thankfully he didn't call back.

Yes of course, the cable ccc may not be suited for that device or the efli might not comply.
Hi Andy,thanks for your replay
Its 1.5mm,so Cable capacity methode B 16,5A ,now for efli you refer to Zs ?(not sure of the terme) ,if yes Zs max allowed for B10 3.49 ohms(taking into account 80 percent),not tested yet but old testing schedule says 1.55ohms.(lets say that will correct)
Not sure if got you right ?

You should probably go to a 6C ...

Check the curves and dead tests before you actually change the mcb
Hi Murdoch
providing that Zs is ok(old reading on that been 1.5 ohms) and there will be 33x7w lights that's around 1A when is running after the in rush starting current. Loots argue that C type are for commercial not domestic and you don't see type C very often on domestic.
what s your say ? will I be covered in case of any thing happen?

Hi - out of interest what lamps are in the existing 33 downlights? Are they all off the a single switch?

Hi Wilko. The old ones are JCC led old type 6w,the new once are 7.5w, very similar to the other once,and are three gang switch
So potentially could be turned on at the same time

Reply to JCC V50 downlights or alternative in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock