Discuss Job Management Software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all.

Hoping you can help.

We have slowly grown the business and now have 4/5 lads out on tools.

I'm after a job management software that I can get on each of the lads phones and we can create job sheets that the lads can keep upto date on site.
I don't really need the quote or invoice side as that will be done separate.

Just after some recomendations?

Thanks.
Carl.

Have a look at Workflowmax. That is what I use. There are better systems but the cost of the better systems are huge in comparison.

WFM is very very reasonable.

Hello all.

Hoping you can help.

We have slowly grown the business and now have 4/5 lads out on tools.

I'm after a job management software that I can get on each of the lads phones and we can create job sheets that the lads can keep upto date on site.
I don't really need the quote or invoice side as that will be done separate.

Just after some recomendations?

Thanks.
Carl.
Essex gave you a good reply, did you see it?

If you google 'erp' you will find loads of solutions. Many are expensive, some are free or very cheap up to a limited number of users. They are normally priced by the number of users - so do you need all of your team to have access or just yourself, so you know where to send the lackies each day? :D

I personally use Odoo as it's flexible enough for us to set it up precisely as we wish. Other more basic but still very functional web based solutions are available for less.

It's great you want to go down this step though, as this sort of software doesn't just help you get organised, it helps you keep track and review where your business performs best. For example: You can setup categories for each type of job, along with typical time to complete etc... Then after a year you can look back and break down what type of work you are most in demand for, and also which type is most profitable. Having all your business activities logged in one place really does make it far easier to grow the business in a healthy way.

I'd imagine you can get a cheapo system with some restrictions for about £50 a month, or probably around £100 for a system that will fit your needs perfectly and genuinely help you not just manage efficiently, but grow.

Is Job Logic any good? I got a freebie account through my Scheme and thus far I've concluded it was too dam fiddly. Took me an age to find out where I added parts to put on quotes and then actually adding them seemed to be a faff as well.

Reply to Job Management Software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net