Discuss joinig niceic or napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi folks, new member here at some point i want to join the self certification scheme, just looking for any advice or tips anyone can give.

i have always worked for other people but would like to go self employed at some point.

my quals are

2330 level 1,2 and 3
part p
16th & 17th edition

becasuse i have always worked for others i have no jobs to show the self certification bodies catch 22 other than my own consumer unit in my house.

i guess at some point i have to start doing jobs for myself but do i have to get labc in or just test and issue a cert. then get them out to inspect the work.

anways thanks in advance and if i don't reply straight away it's because i am away from the comp

best wishes chris

Hi mate and welcome.

There seems to be a lot of praise for ELECSA on here and from a couple of sparks that I know who are with them. I'm currently with NAPIT but due to switch to them shortly.

If you are looking for a job for your assessment, if you don't want to go out in to the big wide world to find someone, try friends and family. See if someone wants their garage wired or a new circuit to their loft. Although a fuseboard change is good, the assessor will probably want to see a couple of new circuits to see your design and installation skills.

Thanks for the tips guys, will look it elecsa and do a search.

was thinking of putting in a new consumer unit for a friend, and maybe a shower cct would be good to show them, as with everything in life i have not got the money to join yet but will get there in the end.

do i just test these jobs and issue a cert myself for now or do i have to pay labc fo these jobs how does this stand with napit etc.

thanks again guys i can see this forum is going to be very usefull.

best wishes chris

i am with napit and when i done my assessment when part p came out i rewired a void property 2 beds for silly money and registered and paid building control.
napit came to see the work, i was accepted on their scheme and i then registered the rewire as a self certification.

Reply to joinig niceic or napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net