Discuss joist span confusion in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I must run fp cable under floor perpendicular to Joists. i must drill holes in Joists and thread cable through. safe zone is 0.25 to 0.4 of span length. the Joists run as a continuous piece of wood from front wall to rear wall but are supported halfway by a wall underneath. should i therefore consider there to be a single long span giving two large drilling zones or instead two shorter spans measured from the intermediate supporting wall giving four smaller drill zones?

As Jason said mate.
Just bear in mind holes should be on "X" axis and no closer than 3 times the size of the hole you are drilling.

Reply to joist span confusion in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hello, i am just about to completely rewire a refurbished house. i have done the same to several houses in the distant past. i have just read...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm about to start a complete house refurbishment, including rewiring and insulating between floors. As I understand it building regs...
Replies
Views
I have unexplained equipment and diagram for three separate connected f81 connectors. Each f81 connector is connected to single receiver to single...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I had a couple of questions regarding running electrical cables in an attached garage. Any help is appreciated. #1. I am installing a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock