Discuss Just got this email watchout think its dangerous in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

scotsparky

-
Arms
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240126_020320_Outlook.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 41
Looks like Dan's done the big deal.
Feet up time?
Not registered as mail on the forum, though.

It was the wrong link in the JOKE email

Correct link: Forum homepage has changed a bit - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/forum-homepage-has-changed-a-bit.211317/
Feels like a let down now it's only telling you two things (albeit big changes for an established forum) about the forum now and not all the details of a .com £1m+ sale which doesn't happen often but they do.

One firm has been after us for years. Wont take too many guesses, they have an electrician talk forum domain and it couldn't be a million miles away from TEF for those assuming them lot behind it cashed out.

Better now it's on XF but got a lot of work to do to beat us lol It's like a forum of banned members lol God who'd want that lot mix up and spit out advice lol

Haven't seen an email. Curious to know if those who did are registered with another forum? Seems to be quite specific targeting of forum members, but clearly they had to get email addresses from somewhere and aren't able to get all members here.

It was the wrong link in the JOKE email

Correct link: Forum homepage has changed a bit - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/forum-homepage-has-changed-a-bit.211317/
Feels like a let down now it's only telling you two things (albeit big changes for an established forum) about the forum now and not all the details of a .com £1m+ sale which doesn't happen often but they do.

One firm has been after us for years. Wont take too many guesses, they have an electrician talk forum domain and it couldn't be a million miles away from TEF for those assuming them lot behind it cashed out.

Better now it's on XF but got a lot of work to do to beat us lol It's like a forum of banned members lol God who'd want that lot mix up and spit out advice lol

Might be just me, but I'm struggling to understand this post fully.

The other forum which claims to be the friendliest, that couldn't be further from the truth was bought out a while back. That forum is like a ghost town with very few new threads.
Netblindpaul from here who recently passed away was staff on there, known as Sidewinder.

Basically yeah pmsl

That's working still right up to 4am for you.

I can get loads done in the night no kids no phones going no new news to distract me.

I kinda figured it out, but clicking on the “correct” link about the co.uk address just gives me a white page on iphone and an error message on laptop.

I kinda figured it out, but clicking on the “correct” link about the co.uk address just gives me a white page on iphone and an error message on laptop.
It will be your local cache (so delete history but only choose cache not all your passwords etc)

I've set it to reset every 4 hours. So if it doesnt fix its self its your end needing grab a fresh copy of the site files like.

You can always check if its that by opening a private browser window visit the site and if if it works in that window it is defo your site files are out of date and need throwing out.

I also get a page not found error when I try that link.

Mind you if these adverts don't disappear soon I won't be clicking any more links. Been shocking the last few days.

And don't get me started on the banner asking me to install the forum app!! Which covers up the notification icons at the top of the screen!

I also get a page not found error when I try that link.

Mind you if these adverts don't disappear soon I won't be clicking any more links. Been shocking the last few days.

And don't get me started on the banner asking me to install the forum app!! Which covers up the notification icons at the top of the screen!
I snook you in the subscribed group mate you shouldn't see ads.

Clear your cache.

But the Web app, install it mate its handy.

Reply to Just got this email watchout think its dangerous in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net