Discuss Just passed my level 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

josh494949

hey every one
im 21 and just passed my level 2 1st time round i wont go in to detail on what had to be done unless you ask
please see img below (this was took just as i was stripping board down as we wasn't aloud to take a pic)

i want to do my level 3 which starts september i have successfully secured my self a place there
this course includes the 17th edition so when i finish i will be lever 3 qualified and have my 17th edition

i just want to know where to go at this moment in life
i work part time sat and sunday 7am till 3 pm every weekend
i want to leave the place im at (petrol station)
i want some sort of electrical job that i will be able to do as i have only just passed

what are my best options as i will be studying 1 or 2 days not evenings if i can help it during the week

i really want a place where i can get some good hands on experience so i can finish my level 3 and step in to the working environment

can any one offer any help

Just passed  my level 2 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

As far as i am aware this is also classed as your AM1 Exam (what you've just passed)

I have been told by tutors that completing your level 3 wont automatically qualify you the the 17th regs, you will still need to take the 2382-20, 30 questions paper.

thats probably true in most situations only my college run the 17th regs with the level 3 as a separate course so we can nock the 2 on the head in one go :)

Your photo is really interesting josh - i have just passed my practical as well and the set up we had to do was almost identical except for all the relative positions and the plastic trunking you have used. We had the metal trunking, but that was already on the wall. We also put SWA to the CU and that looks like you have SWA coming in from the right of your photo. I suppose it is the exam board that must send out some sort of specification for the college to interpret.
Did you test a 3 phase system when it was balanced and unbalanced by swapping light bulbs around?

I am doing the level 3 next year as well - they have alarms as an extra so i will do the regs as an evening class.

glad to hear you passed your level 2 and that your on the way to your level 3 like me just unsure what i should do while doing my level 3

our final particle was to fit swa from a isolator to Consumer Unit then the various accessories such as plastic conduit with bends and elbows and metal trunking that had to be fit to plasterboard and wood backing
we had to do the usual test sheet with this pice of work IR continuity polarity you get the picture

we had to test 3 phase on a separate install using 3 1k loads (electric heaters) to test across a balanced load and unbalanced and had to read various volt readings and amp readings from a separate circuit that consisted of capacitors switches and a fluorescent light

sounds lame but was good fun

you get to do alarms as a separate course on your third year that sounds wicked shame they dont do your 17th edition with the level 3

thats probably true in most situations only my college run the 17th regs with the level 3 as a separate course so we can nock the 2 on the head in one go :)

Alright josh, your C&G 2330 L3 is not a Regs course, although you will be taught parts of the 17th regs in your Level 3. This is why when completing your 2330 L3 you wont have a 17th edition regulations qualification.
Instead of taking the full 17th regs exam you will be taught from the latest regs while in your last year, meaning you will only need to take the shorter 30 questions C&G 2382 paper at the end of your L3 to have any regs qualification. (your collage will prob automaticaly do this for your class)

This is how it has been told to my local collage from City & Guilds. Unless i have been informed wrong.

Reply to Just passed my level 2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock