Discuss Just short explain of wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone quick explain me this?
Here in attachment there are screens of big motor where double power wires were use from frequency drive to motor terminal , i just want to know why it because bigger amperage needed to flow ? And if this same motor were used for star - delta switch by time relay , the jumper from motor had to be removed if we don´t want blow up fuses . Why actually on this motor it is no problem and you can have jumper here , i see not really big difference as if you have star delta switched motor with jumper , but here you can´t have jumper here on U1,V1,W1 and U2,V2,W2.

Thanks

Attachments

• Just short explain of wiring motor1 - EletriciansForums.net
    motor1.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Just short explain of wiring motor1 - EletriciansForums.net
    motor1.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 32
Motor with jumper bars looks to be delta connected but does not look like 185mm2 cable. Cable installation possibly using previous requirements considering distance etc. Now a vfd fitted using both cable for current capacity required.
Vfd parameters should be set with full load current corresponding to motor rating plate in delta configuration.

Your motor is 250kw so at flc you have approximately 400A. Sizing a single conductor for this current is putting you in the realms of 300.0 and above and the practicality of connecting such a csa becomes difficult. It makes sense in this case to use parallel conductors and your image shows parallel 150.0. Without assessing the full installation method and cable type 150.0 thermoplastic insulated conductors contained in conduit are rated at 216A, so two parallel conductors results in 432A.

Reply to Just short explain of wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock