• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Pete's Videos KIN WHAT

Discuss KIN WHAT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
There's something I never knew if you bend a wire it makes it hard for the electricity to get through OMG

spinlondon

Forum Mentor
It's just like with a hose pipe.
What I want to know, is what parallel aching is?
I've heard of achey breakey heart, is it achey breaky wire?

FatAlan

Trainee
Trainee Access
Thinking logically, resistance will only increase in that area if the CSA of the conductor is reduced as a result of the bend, kink or compression. Sounds like a good experiment that John Ward could do a video on.

FatAlan

Trainee
Trainee Access
Must admit the amount of pulling and twisting of the cable around that staple wouldn't have done too much good.

Wilko

Electrician's Arms
Are those fencing samples they've used?
Why not just nail the sucker right through the middle, you wouldn't have it slipping about like that ...

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Are those fencing samples they've used?
Why not just nail the sucker right through the middle, you wouldn't have it slipping about like that ...
I know mate it doesn't make any sense, mind you nothing the American trades do does, I worked there from time to time, and often had to go away and shake my head and have a good laugh, most of the American Electrician I came across used to get all their stuff from their equivalent of B&Q "Home Depot" and you must know what our sheds are like.

Wilko

Electrician's Arms
Oh dear, I had heard it was a bit Wild West. Mind you, after your mad Russians a while back, I saw a couple of local boys melting spanners etc on their living room floor the other day ... amazing it didn't end in tears.
BTW - auto spellcheck helped me (not) with turning staples into samples - oops.

Resu

Forum Mentor
Oh dear, I had heard it was a bit Wild West. Mind you, after your mad Russians a while back, I saw a couple of local boys melting spanners etc on their living room floor the other day ... amazing it didn't end in tears.
BTW - auto spellcheck helped me (not) with turning staples into samples - oops.
That wouldn't be Photonicinduction by any chance? I would worry about it if it was him, he's a very clever man, if a bit mental!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.