Discuss Klein Tools Are they worth the extra money in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Klein tools are massively popular in Canada & America

Less so over here but I have seen a few sparks using them in recent years

I usually use ck , Stanley , knipex

But am interested to try some Klein items but are they worth the extra few quid

Thoughts ?

I have a mixture of brands in my tol bag, klein, ck, knipex, wiha, etc

Is say with the Klein stuff, watch for the promotions that CEF run monthly And get the klein tools that way when they are much more cost effective.

I've got some Klein kit recently, the data crimpers a snazzy flip screwdriver for small terminals and a set of their vde drivers that were on offer in Cef for 30 quid! It is expensive but really nice to use and lifetime guarantee on it too!
Some of their pliers and cutters feel way too big and clumsy, still prefer knipex, wiha or ck for those items at the moment.

I have seen their pliers/cutters in shops and always thought they looked way oversized. That's what has put me off them.
that's because they are designed for obese americans who can't be surgically removed from their catcher's gloves.

Yes

I recently looked at a pair of Klein side cutters and the were ruddy enormous

I would say nearly a foot long

Great if you need lots of leverage to cut think cable but very clumsy just for making of sockets and switches

I sometimes grab my old mans to box and he has hand tools dating back to the 1960s/70s in it.
Ck side cutters , Stanley long nose pliers , Elliott Lucas Combi pliers , bahco spanners..
Some of these well known brands have been around far longer than you would think....

Yes , Stanley were famous for their screwdrivers , especially the ratchet ones. @Pete999 will tell you the name of the telescopic one, I forget the name.
It was a savage beast if you did not treat it with respect. Our forerunner to the cordless lol.

Yes , Stanley were famous for their screwdrivers , especially the ratchet ones. @Pete999 will tell you the name of the telescopic one, I forget the name.
It was a savage beast if you did not treat it with respect. Our forerunner to the cordless lol.
you mean as in "yankee"?

i still have my dad's one. it's about 16" in length. most of the chrome on the body has gone, exposing the brass

I had a brief spell wiring modular buildings and a polish guy was using one of them. A few people laughed (proberly because it was a old tool) but I was actually impressed at the speed he was using it.

Next your going to tell me times before SDS drills Haha. Love it!

and i still have his calipers from when he had a wood turning lathe, stamper with the War Dep. arrow & 1944.

I had a brief spell wiring modular buildings and a polish guy was using one of them. A few people laughed (proberly because it was a old tool) but I was actually impressed at the speed he was using it.
Next your going to tell me times before SDS drills Haha

. Love it!
The forerunner to the SDS was the Spit , then Sds came out and Spit's seemed to vanish as the bits were not interchangeable, unless you could be bothered to grind a grove in the shank . That is how I remember it anyway; I am probably wrong .
I see there are some on Ebay, I have not seen one for years.

Reply to Klein Tools Are they worth the extra money in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock