Discuss ksr calanda installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lee42

-
Reaction score
Hi all.
I have a job of wiring 3 lights on a tarmac drive with a block border. The customer is set on the ksr calanda bollard. Problem with it is there is no way you are getting 2 swa into them fittings. Either side of the drive is neighbors driveways so not possible to have swa on a post somewhere.
A few options, make the customer change the light (they don't want a standard bollard. They are after a directional light to light walkway)
Install wiska box on back of light. (Won't look great)
Install a single swa to each light and gland off in the house. I have easy access under the floor.
Any other ideas would be a great help.

All other bollard installations I have done before I bring swa into bollard and fit a trouser box.

Some of these designs on modern lights just aren't thought through.

Thanks lee

Reply to ksr calanda installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I am looking to install some driveway up lights on my new drive way, either side of my drive is grass/gravel (soft dig) I have spoke to a...
Replies
Views
For various reasons out of my control, we have wound up in a situation where we have 1.5mm SWA cables buried in these pillars and exiting out of...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm going to be installing an outdoor socket, have no problem with the outdoor/socket side, but when bringing the internal end or the SWA...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I have an SWA 3 core armoured cable buried that runs to my back garden. This originally serviced an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock