Discuss Labour Leadership in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Islamic Terrorist groups is the only thing we should be focused on at the moment. Everything else is a mute point until that is addressed.
I think a lot of people agree with you, I personally would go to London without concern but I bet there are some people around who worry about going there due to the hightened risk, and the media are all over it at the moment.

Only if you go round polling people who are easily swayed in their opinions - just goes to show how out of touch Labour is if it thinks it needs to change its policies every 6 months to reflect public opinion!
No we don't change Clive, obviously the party is split down the middle and in desperate trouble, 2 completely different views regarding some issues which has been picked up by the media and during interviews with leading figures, public opinion regarding their opinions change depending on whats in the news and how they are effected, at the moment ISIS is top of most peoples list to deal with, in 6 months it could be the cost of fuel or the economy again which should be the main concern.

I think a lot of people agree with you, I personally would go to London without concern but I bet there are some people around who worry about going there due to the hightened risk, and the media are all over it at the moment.

Booked myself an overnight in central London in Jan, thought for a moment about how I would react to having my head chopped off for being Christened a Methodist, then I thought, 8uck em, this training course is much more important than any Dash issue that I could even bother to worry about. After all I pay my taxes, voted for the government and they have sent the bombs in, WHAT MORE COULD I ASK ? - so life goes on as normal (just like it does in much more conflict areas than Blighty)

Booked myself an overnight in central London in Jan, thought for a moment about how I would react to having my head chopped off for being Christened a Methodist, then I thought, 8uck em, this training course is much more important than any Dash issue that I could even bother to worry about. After all I pay my taxes, voted for the government and they have sent the bombs in, WHAT MORE COULD I ASK ? - so life goes on as normal (just like it does in much more conflict areas than Blighty)
Fair play fella, I went 2-3 Febs ago for a week with the wife, we did all the museums and sights, We loved it, a week wasn't enough really, loads to do, lots to see, nice to get home though, there was just too many people, I come from the country and am not use to that amount of traffic, that said it was a great experience.

No we don't change Clive, obviously the party is split down the middle and in desperate trouble, 2 completely different views regarding some issues which has been picked up by the media and during interviews with leading figures, public opinion regarding their opinions change depending on whats in the news and how they are effected, at the moment ISIS is top of most peoples list to deal with, in 6 months it could be the cost of fuel or the economy again which should be the main concern.

Rubbish.

I'll never forget watching Harriet Harman being interviewed just after 10pm on GE day when the only preparation she had was for a Labour win.

The reason Corbin gets voters is that you know precisely what he stands for - a VERY rare attribute these days

Was working near St Pauls on 9/11 day, most office staff left early that day. I wasn't in the "City" as such as that's Bank a lot of commuters just walked to the train stations and ambled their way home. Derbyshire born and bred, happy with cows, sheep and wild weather, don't like crowds and stopped using the tube after 9/11, never liked it. Bought myself one of those microscooters to get from St Pancras to St Pauls, but had a nasty crash when my laptop hit me in the back of the head. Have never been the same . lol

Rubbish.

I'll never forget watching Harriet Harman being interviewed just after 10pm on GE day when the only preparation she had was for a Labour win.

The reason Corbin gets voters is that you know precisely what he stands for - a VERY rare attribute these days
I don't think he will get voters, and regarding his attribute, well only time will tell if the public agree, personally I doubt he will make the next GE as leader, you tories must be praying he does, because it will mean certain victory for you, I doubt he will get there to be honest, still time will tell.

I don't think he will get voters, and regarding his attribute, well only time will tell if the public agree, personally I doubt he will make the next GE as leader, you tories must be praying he does, because it will mean certain victory for you, I doubt he will get there to be honest, still time will tell.

Problem for all the parties is that there are no real "leaders" any more

Problem for all the parties is that there are no real "leaders" any more
Well probably true, It will be george osborne more than likely as leader in 2020 for the tories and who knows for labour, I see France is going through some serious changes as well, the National front is leading at the moment with the other parties trailing behind, A coalition will be formed to keep the National front out I reckon, we have 2 parties, they have 3 over there, it would be nice to see a third here, I suppose the SNP could be classed as the third lol

Really? His first test was passed with flying colours. An icreased share of the vote in Oldham makes you the liar, not him. The bottom line for me is that Labour should be the party of opposition, not the party of acquiescence. Blair held power by pretending to be both Thatcher and believer in 'social justice' (the New labour mantra). Corbyn will stand or fall on his principles, something Blair and Brown couldn't risk, because they had none. Your childish attitude towards serious subjects marks you as Tory fodder. The dumbing down of Britain is exemplified by your stubborn resistance to debate.

Sean you don't seriously think I can get into a debate with a guy who has 42 years experience in the trade yet is an apprentice and doesn't know what TNCS or TNS stands for do you? secondly I have had my fun here, you guys have your sensible debate, enjoy yourselves.

Sean you don't seriously think I can get into a debate with a guy who has 42 years experience in the trade yet is an apprentice and doesn't know what TNCS or TNS stands for do you? secondly I have had my fun here, you guys have your sensible debate, enjoy yourselves.

Perhaps when you are sober you'll edit your first sentence so that it makes some sense.

If you do some research you will see I don't need to, secondly I don't drink, now who is the child? if you feel like having a go make my day, I will delighted to carry on any --- for tat posting, I can carry on as long as you want, I enjoy it.

You all know the rules guys, if you cannot partake in a civil discussion regardless of your views without lowering the thread to name calling, baiting each other and generally lowering the tone of the thread then DO NOT POST!!!

If it carries on then the thread will be closed and you may find yourself with a xmas break from the forum.

There will not be anymore warnings!

If you find yourself been insulted or offended by a post made by any member then use the report button and let the staff deal with it.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Ah well, at least that explains your post count, enjoy your "fun", its back to the real world for me.
You don't get your posts counted in these forums sean, only in the meaningful ones where advice is given, this may explain your low count of 49 and time here of 4 years lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You all know the rules guys, if you cannot partake in a civil discussion regardless of your views without lowering the thread to name calling, baiting each other and generally lowering the tone of the thread then DO NOT POST!!!

If it carries on then the thread will be closed and you may find yourself with a xmas break from the forum.

There will not be anymore warnings!

If you find yourself been insulted or offended by a post made by any member then use the report button and let the staff deal with it.

Thankyou.
I'm not offended at all Fella, no problem as far as I am concerned, maybe the other two are, I dunno, however you have made your point and I will be happy to accept the rules.

You don't get your posts counted in these forums sean, only in the meaningful ones where advice is given, this may explain your low count of 49 and time here of 4 years lol

Make an intelligent, topic related comment and I might respond - I won't respond to your continued attempts to bait me or any of the others who would welcome a considered debate.

Reply to Labour Leadership in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net