Discuss Labour Leadership in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

The old new labour is dead (finally) - long live the new new labour.

For what it's worth, I think JC is a complete breath of fresh air to this Country's politics, he doesn't have the media savy smoothness of what most people assume of "politicians" - but that's all part of our problem, we've forgotten what a good politician is.

Its not what you look like, its not how articulate you are at fending off questions, its not what you say you'll do - its what you actually do that's the real measure of a politicians worth.

I am not Jeremy fan Tel, I am one of the 49.8% of the Labour party members who voted against him, I am seriously concidering voting for an independant candidate in the next general election should Jeremy still be at the helm in our party.
You mean 40.5% who did not have him as 1st preference.
He polled 59.5%

I disagree, even without the russians we would have won through in the end, the Nukes dropped on Japan would have been dropped on Germany first.
My memory of the WWII is a little bit hazy at this point. Think the ----'s Blitzkrieg'd thru Europe and stopped at the Channel and for some reason then decided to turn around to the Russians. Albeit the Battle of Britain caused them to pause, OP Sea lion was abandoned, Hitler's main campaign was Barbarossa. Britain stood firm during those difficult months but to say 'we would've won the war' downplays the significance of the east theatre.

Perhaps that 40.5% should join a party more in touch with their ideals and aspirations?
We don't need too, I feel we lost touch during the post milliband era and went silly, some lunatics went for Jeremy, a lot of others jumped on the band wagon due to the bad press New labour got and we are where we are, we will bounce back, It will only take one strong new candidate and the party will soon get back where it belongs, in the Blair type policies which won us 3 elections.

The old new labour is dead (finally) - long live the new new labour.

For what it's worth, I think JC is a complete breath of fresh air to this Country's politics, he doesn't have the media savy smoothness of what most people assume of "politicians" - but that's all part of our problem, we've forgotten what a good politician is.

Its not what you look like, its not how articulate you are at fending off questions, its not what you say you'll do - its what you actually do that's the real measure of a politicians worth.
I couldn't be farther from you politically even though we support the same party, Going far left will finish us, we need to get in touch with modern britain, Jeremy is a buffoon.

I couldn't be farther from you politically even though we support the same party, Going far left will finish us, we need to get in touch with modern britain, Jeremy is a buffoon.

We don't need too, I feel we lost touch during the post milliband era and went silly, some lunatics went for Jeremy, a lot of others jumped on the band wagon due to the bad press New labour got and we are where we are, we will bounce back, It will only take one strong new candidate and the party will soon get back where it belongs, in the Blair type policies which won us 3 elections.

Bad day MDJ?
In 2 sentences you've called me a lunatic (plus about 1/4 million others) and called the leader of the opposition a buffoon.
With debating skills like that maybe you should be standing yourself.:cheesy:

Bring back the king I say

Attachments

• blair.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 21
Bad day MDJ?
In 2 sentences you've called me a lunatic (plus about 1/4 million others) and called the leader of the opposition a buffoon.
With debating skills like that maybe you should be standing yourself.:cheesy:
I would never call you a lunatic Andy, a "Ahole" maybe :lips:

When you say Blair type policies, you mean Tory ones !

I would vote for a cockroach before this idiot !
Jeremy Corbyn intervenes to secure bail for fraudster accused of conning elderly in scam to raise funds for jihadists in Syria.

The Labour leader wrote a letter to magistrates in May in a bid to help Mohamed Dahir, 23 secure bail.
During that hearing, the court heard that Dahir’s gang were using the money as a “bank of terror” to “fund and facilitate the travel” of UK citizens to Syria and Iraq to fight with Isil.
Dahir has now been convicted of posing as a police officer to steal more than £600,000 from vulnerable elderly people.
The allegations that the money was used to fund terrorism were not heard by the jury and therefore did not form part of the conviction. No terrorism charges were brought.
Scotland Yard’s counter-terror unit last night confirmed that they believed the money was being sent to Syria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...Christmas.html

MP's act on behalf of their constituents, it is not unusual to write letters to help them out.

A quote from Business Insider

Jeremy Corbyn helped secure bail for one of his constituents after the man was accused of stealing money to raise funds for Islamic State fighters in Syria.
The Labour Party leader and MP for Islington North wrote a letter to magistrates in May in an attempt to aide 23-year-old Mohamed Dahir.
It is believed that Corbyn’s office was unaware of the alleged links to the funding of Islamic State. MPs routinely write supportive letters for constituents seeking help, if they know the family.
Corbyn wrote to the court to say Dahir warranted bail as he had “roots” in the Islington area and was unlikely to abscond.
Jeremy Corbyn wrote a letter to get bail for a man accused of helping to fund ISIS | Business Insider

MP's act on behalf of their constituents, it is not unusual to write letters to help them out.

A quote from Business Insider

Jeremy Corbyn helped secure bail for one of his constituents after the man was accused of stealing money to raise funds for Islamic State fighters in Syria.
Of course they do and should do. However, they should look at what they have been accused of, and consider their level of assistance. Would he consider of writing a letter of support for a person accused of stealing money from elderly people? I understand you can only act upon the facts presented to you, but he is not obliged to support everyone, IMO. It's a judgemental thing. The letter of support, was to secure bail, not to support the accused. But, with hindsight, it doesn't look good now.

I do wonder how long JC will remain in post - there must be hoards of Labour faithful s (MDJ included) who will be sticking the knives in soon!
Yes Definately fella, I have already started as have others in the party,He needs to go, I like Chucka and also have heard Alan johnson would be happy to get back into front bench politics, not the leader but shadow cabinet, if so then he will only do so with a Chucka type candidate becomming leader, the new man needs to be central/right of the party if we will ever win a general election again because Britain is no longer far left like they were in the early 1970s, times have changed, our party needs to adapt to be serious opponents to the Conservative party or we as a party will die, we are on that road now with the British public.

Now before anyone says different, we are knocking on doors all over the country asking members of the public thier views, so far the feed back is the following from them

(1) we need to secure our borders
(2) we need to protect the monachy
(3) we need to keep our nuclear deterrent
(4) we need to remove ISIS
(5) we need to remove the bedroom tax
(6) we need to stop acting like kids in parliament
(7) we need to improve policing
(8) we need to catch benefit cheats and make them repay the fraud
(10) we need to sort out the mess in europe

Now you will understand the labour situation, our party at the moment is out of touch on nearly everyone of these issues, should there be a general election tommorrow David cameron would win with a huge huge majority, this is our findings to-date, some of us want change, and Jeremy out, we will continue the fight against him and my hope is he is gone by the spring of 2017 so we still have 3 years to convince the public we can govern, at the moment we are just a total joke.

Reply to Labour Leadership in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net