Discuss Landscape Transformer - Wrong Replacement! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wolf865

DIY
Reaction score
Father-in-Laws old landscape transformer went out so went to Home Depot to get a new one to install that had a countdown timer once the photocell turned it on in the evenings. What HD send me home with was an Intermec Mechanical Timer. Long story short, hooked up a 120V timer on a 12V system and turned it on! The wires that hooked onto the box looked more like 120v type wires so I didn't think much about it possibly being low voltage. After realizing it was 12V went back and found they actually carried low voltage systems.! Something the "electrician" obviously didn't even know about until I found them in a different area than he took me to! Hooked in the 12V system but the lights still won't come on. Checked a couple of the halogen bulbs and they hadn't blow. Where do I even start trying to troubleshoot this to get them back on for him? Got any good advice or links I can go to? Thx in advance for any help. R

Reply to Landscape Transformer - Wrong Replacement! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
The other night, neighbour knocked my door. She said she'd gone to use their outdoor tap, and she thought she'd got a shock. Went and had a look...
Replies
Views
Having lost my father in law many years ago, an electrician and electrical engineer, I'm now at a loss for a sounding board for any issue that...
Replies
Views
Just thoughts Id share my recent fun and games on my parents farm.. The electrics are old. Its a 400yr old house with outbuildings just as old...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock