Discuss LAST QUESTION AND SEEM TO EITHER MISUNDERSTAND in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HELLO,

I AM IN MY SECOND YEAR OF DOING MY LEVEL 3 AND AM CURRENTLY DOING MY DESIGN ASSIGMENT.
I AM ON THE LAST QUESTION AND SEEM TO EITHER MISUNDERSTAND 2 PARTS OR AM BEING STUPID.

PART 1- FUTHER REQUIREMENTS OF ISOLATION FOR ELECTRICAL MAINTAINENCE PURPOSES RELATING TO SECURING SAFE ISOLATION

MY ANSWER WOULD BE TO LOCK OFF THE CIRCUIT AT THE DISTRIBUTION BOARD, BUT SEEMS TO VAGUE OF AN ANSWER

PART 2 - FUTHER REQUIREMENTS OF FUNCTIONAL SWITCHING RELATING TO RATING WHERE USED FOR DISCHARGE LIGHTING

MY ANSWER WOULD BE TO TEST THE SWITCHES FOR THE LIGHTS, BUT AGAIN SEEMS TOO VAGUE OF AN ANSWER.

IF ANYONE COULD GIVE A HELPING HAND TOWARDS THESE QUESTION AND CAN HELP MY QUERIES, IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

KYLE.

Hello and welcome. Randomly, I'll give you some food for thought about Q2.

What electrical characteristics do discharge lights have, that would affect the lifespan of a switch that is regularly used to switch them on and off? Compared, say, to a resistive load? Sometimes, switches have a specific indication that their full thermal current rating is available when controlling a discharge lighting load - how is this shown on the switch?

E2A simulpost with Westy choosing the same option. You might have to give a bit more context for Q1, it's not clear from what you have typed.

Also, please turn off your caps lock!

HELLO,

I AM IN MY SECOND YEAR OF DOING MY LEVEL 3 AND AM CURRENTLY DOING MY DESIGN ASSIGMENT.
I AM ON THE LAST QUESTION AND SEEM TO EITHER MISUNDERSTAND 2 PARTS OR AM BEING STUPID.

PART 1- FUTHER REQUIREMENTS OF ISOLATION FOR ELECTRICAL MAINTAINENCE PURPOSES RELATING TO SECURING SAFE ISOLATION

MY ANSWER WOULD BE TO LOCK OFF THE CIRCUIT AT THE DISTRIBUTION BOARD, BUT SEEMS TO VAGUE OF AN ANSWER

PART 2 - FUTHER REQUIREMENTS OF FUNCTIONAL SWITCHING RELATING TO RATING WHERE USED FOR DISCHARGE LIGHTING

MY ANSWER WOULD BE TO TEST THE SWITCHES FOR THE LIGHTS, BUT AGAIN SEEMS TOO VAGUE OF AN ANSWER.

IF ANYONE COULD GIVE A HELPING HAND TOWARDS THESE QUESTION AND CAN HELP MY QUERIES, IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

KYLE.
Please turn caps lock off!!!

HELLO,

KYLE.
Part 1 you never mention any testing before or after to ensure you have isolated the correct circuit before commencing work.

Part 2 You would state Amperage of lighting and Ballast used in the light this will determine whether a single or double pole switch is required or even a lighting contactor

Part 1 you never mention any testing before or after to ensure you have isolated the correct circuit before commencing work.

Part 2 You would state Amperage of lighting and Ballast used in the light this will determine whether a single or double pole switch is required or even a lighting contactor
Why will amps/ballast type change if single or double pole functional switching be required?

Reply to LAST QUESTION AND SEEM TO EITHER MISUNDERSTAND in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net