Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Launderette EICR advice please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Guys

Just hoping to get a second opinion before i submit an EICR i carried out on a Launderette .

All the isolators for the machines are hidden behind and accessible by removing a wooden panel that sits on top but any customers are unlikely to know this unless the owner is in constant supervision and ready to isolate if required in an emergency .

Looking around at other Launderettes this seems to be common practice but not ideal , im struggling wether tho give it a C2 or 3 as it has been operating for 40 odd years and the circuits are in good condition with all earthing etc .

Opinions please ?

Lee

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Stspark

Thanks for the reply , If something was to go wrong with the machine and it needed to be isolated then I would expect the isolator to be readily available but maybe I’m being over cautious with it being accessed by the public .
I know it’s my call but what would you code it or not as the case may be ?

Thanks

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
If the isolator was required to stop the machine in an emergency would it not be a emergency stop switch?

Or are these local isolation points?

Thanks Strima

Fair point they are local isolation switches rather then emergency was still thinking they should be easily accessible but I guess as long as the owner knows where to isolate from if needed it should be fine

Thanks Chris

Defo being over cautious with my thinking and really appreciate the advice .

snowhead

-
Mentor
I would imagine they're hidden to stop people deliberately turning them off, apparently some people are just stupid and want to cause annoyance to others.

If there was a master emergency stop, people would push that as well.

Reply to Launderette EICR advice please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom