Discuss Leasing Vs Buying. What should i do? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would look into whether Ford have fixed the locks on the Transit.I have heard a few tradesmen say that they had their Transits broken into very easily. Thieves can open the doors,steel your stuff and re-lock them.For this reason alone I wouldn't want a Ford Transit unless you added extra locks on.

buy a 2nd hand Hiace. ( 10 year old for around £3k).it won't break down, and you can use the thousands you've saved to fit extra security and rack it out, still have enough change for a month's year's beer.

buy a 2nd hand Hiace. ( 10 year old for around £3k).it won't break down, and you can use the thousands you've saved to fit extra security and rack it out, still have enough change for a month's year's beer.

You’d also be safe in the knowledge, that the thieving toe rags would never suspect that a profession trades person would wish to be seen dead in a Hiace, so the vehicle is unlikely to be carrying anthing of value, except the scrap value, which is minimal anyway.
:)

my hiace speaks for itself. 2004, 200,000 miles. in 3 years it's had 2 oil changes, 2 tyres, and a set of brake pads. that's it. oh, and i had to top up the screenwash the other week.

I've always bought mine as they are then an asset.
I presume with leasing they still hit you with charges on mileage over the agreed limit and any damage.
Most new vans come with 3-4 years warranty.
Keep it 3 years then chop in for new again and you've got no worries with anything going wrong . Jmo

I've always bought mine as they are then an asset.
I presume with leasing they still hit you with charges on mileage over the agreed limit and any damage.
Most new vans come with 3-4 years warranty.
Keep it 3 years then chop in for new again and you've got no worries with anything going wrong . Jmo
thought you still used horse drawn carts up there.

Every recent van break in round here has always been a ford transit.
Except one brand new kuga.... stolen from the dealership showroom.
Even the ford showroom locks were easy to open.

“No tools left in this van overnight.... just two hungry Rottweilers”

who'snicked my horse and cart. I parked it outside the Pub.

3D-model-gorilla-rigged-animation_D.jpg

On a serious note :), whilst Transits have bad media about break-ins & thefts, they have one of the most units sold etc. No van, simply relying on manufactures security measures would/can prevent thefts of or from.

So if you have a van stocked full of tools, live in a prolific crime rate area and wish to continue trading, you need to take additional measure, not just if you own a Ford Transit.

Not been much to Mod apart from the usual dislike/ disagree ratings wars.:rolleyes:

We have leased 2 vans over the years - never again!
Hit us for so many extras when we gave them back it cost us thousands.
We liked the idea that we had no responsibility except fuel and insurance, set cost etc..
When we gave them back they hunted out every microdent (looked at a sheet of parallel lines reflected in the bodywork ffs) and charged us a fortune to repair them - we got our own quote for a third of the cost, but not allowed apparently.
So now we take out a loan, buy over 3 years, and it works out only about £50 more a month then the leasing, and then its ours!

Reply to Leasing Vs Buying. What should i do? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net