Discuss Leasing Vs Buying. What should i do? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Why have so many got a downer on Transits? We've, I think, 6 Transit custom vans. A mix of normal and lwb. Mine is a '65 and I've done 96k miles without a problem apart from one of the reverse sensors playing up. The locks have been changed for these - Locks 4 Vans - Slam Locks, Van Slam locks, Slamlocks for Vans and Commercial Vehicles - http://www.locks4vans.co.uk/products_locks_slamlocks.html and the obd port moved. I'm always parked overnight in various hotels around the country and still have my spare wheel! It's a great drive in fact I prefer it to my car (volvo v40). Don't go for the basic though, you have to have all the toys especialy DAB. I couldn't do the traveling without Planet Rock keeping me going.

I've got no problem with rust so far. I have really looked after the van. I've washed it once a year even if it didn't need it :D I have had one problem with the van that I had forgotten about. A rear brake pad disintegrated so I was braking with a metal pad on metal disk but that was down to Evans Halshaw not picking up the pad wear during a service. I think they are great vans and if my wife could reach the pedals I would have one instead of a car.

had a nissan once. outrigger dinitegrated when jacked for tyre change. worst of it was, it had already been patched when only 6 years old. yet the van before ( identical model from 1998) had had no rot at 12 years old.

I run a Renault Trafic SWB, never thought I would own a Renault but cannot fault it, bought it new pre reg from renault retail van centre, IMHO best to buy and then you have an asset, chop in every three or four years when the warranty finishes. used to have lease cars and they go over them with a magnifying glass when you take them back!

Reply to Leasing Vs Buying. What should i do? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock