Discuss leaving lights when moving in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARTYKUS

Hello

...when someone moves, are they now legally or contractually obliged to leave lights ... as in you can't nip off with the light fittings and leave none, right?

....so....can anyone tell me, does this apply to wall lights, or could you leave them capped off.

I guess what I am asking is this a rule for safety reasons, as in being able to see at night, in which case, if its a room with the main light replaced with a pendant instead of the crystal chandelier, then the wall lights can be left .....?

S

I think it's usually specified what's included and what's not, eg carpets and curtains, so I would imagine light fittings would be the same - as you say, you probably wouldn't leave or expect to inherit an antique crystal chandelier, but I would expect to buy a property with at least a battenholder in each room, ie a useable installation.

As long as the cable from the wall lights is terminated properly not just taped up with insulation tape and shoved in the wall then there should be no problem. I install architrave boxes with wall lights which I can put an architrave blank plate over when not in use.

Reply to leaving lights when moving in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Plasterer has been in this week and after leaving today, he left the light on in the room. I went to the room to turn the light off and saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
I've purchased Lepro 15m LED strip lights - product code PR410047-RGB-UK, and have fitted them at the top of the walls in my daughter's bedroom...
Replies
Views
Hello All Strange question for you, I know you don’t have crystal balls :) but can anyone give me any clue on the following… I have mid eighties...
Replies
Views
I moved into a house where the owner left an air compressor. He started wiring it before he left, said it works but needs wiring finished. It has...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock