Discuss LED conversion '99 Lincoln in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am not a professional...I am a DIY senior. I want to convert my '99 Lincoln Continental from the OEM halogens to LEDs. I previously converted my '05 Ford van by swapping out the flasher control relay and all LEDs worked perfectly. Since the Lincoln flasher unit is buried under the dash, I am trying to make the conversion using LED load resistors on all lines for the turn signals wires, but, even with resistors installed, I am getting hyper-flash. At first the blinkers worked until the parking lights/headlignts were turned on. Then they went to hyper-flash. I have tried using double resistors, using 6 Ohm and then 8 Ohm resistors, and even adding a resistor diode to the non-flashing wire to my turn signals. I also tried a plug-and-play ready made wiring connector that used a resistor on both the non-blinking and blinking wires. All of these attempts have failed. In fact, now I even have hyper-flash when the parking lights/headlights are not on!

I finally bit the bullet and dismantled the dash and retrieved the flasher relay but I have not been able to find an electronic replacement. So, can anyone diagnose my problem and how best to correct it? Help, please.

Reply to LED conversion '99 Lincoln in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning guys, I bought this neon sign for my cinema room to put above my arcade machines. I have the cinema controlled by Google voice...
Replies
Views
Hello right off the bat I'm a novice with a little better understanding than most(father was a electrician) but I am not an electrician. I'm...
Replies
Views
I have the typical LED on Dimmer switch. All the lights flicker in my house are very inconsistent times. By let me clarify by saying all the...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
I have undercabinet lights that are low voltage. They work xenon pucks just fine. I want to convert to low voltage LEDS. Supposedly these are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock