Discuss LED strip battens for a photography studio in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
A customer of mine has some LED battens he wants to use as background lighting for a new venture of his (studio photography) ..

I wants to know if you can get dimmers that'll work with them...

If so I'll supply & fit...

Depending on what they are and what he is lighting with them, it could well be that the colour rendition index is too low for accurate colour reproduction. LED lights for video and photography work usually have a CRI >95 and tend to be a bit more expensive as a result.

If he's shooting black and white though, he won't care!

It will depend, dimmers for LED's usually fall into 2 categorys.

Leading edge and falling edge dimming.

However, if these fittings already have drivers and electronics in them, I would say it's doubtful.

In the days of film colour temp was crucial as fluorescents gave a greenish hue to the prints.
I suppose it will be how true to the colour balance of the led's is to the stated value . The digital camera may be able to cope , but would any subsequent printing?
I am only thinking out loud as it is a long time since I have done any serious photography or any printing .
Maybe set the lights up and give it a trial run before commitment.
Ask Tony @GLENNSPARK , he may know.

It will depend, dimmers for LED's usually fall into 2 categorys.

Leading edge and falling edge dimming.

However, if these fittings already have drivers and electronics in them, I would say it's doubtful.

Yeah I know about lead/trail

I'll know more when I sees inside one...

In the days of film colour temp was crucial as fluorescents gave a greenish hue to the prints.
I suppose it will be how true to the colour balance of the led's is to the stated value . The digital camera may be able to cope , but would any subsequent printing?
I am only thinking out loud as it is a long time since I have done any serious photography or any printing .

Yeah...
I were thinking: Tony...
I've still got his number. .

That greenish hue is still there and can be a pain with mixed lighting, even with digital cameras. I was a news camera man for a fair few years and if shooting an interview under fluorescents and time allowed, I'd put a bit of plus green gel on my lights to try and match it. If the fluorescents are your only source of light, a white balance usually fixes it.

UPDATE:

I've managed to find out off him what the manufacturer and No. is:

VISTALUX
WO24 LED

Don't know if this helps but if anyone knows if they're dimmable...and what dimmers to get for em...then I'll be happy...

UPDATE:

I've managed to find out off him what the manufacturer and No. is:

VISTALUX
WO24 LED

Don't know if this helps but if anyone knows if they're dimmable...and what dimmers to get for em...then I'll be happy...

A customer of mine has some LED battens he wants to use as background lighting for a new venture of his (studio photography) ..

I wants to know if you can get dimmers that'll work with them...

If so I'll supply & fit...
Is this a wind up :D

Reply to LED strip battens for a photography studio in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock