Discuss lets set prices for the market in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elsparko

you guys realise that this website could bring the best of the best together to set prices so that electricians can charge £1000 per day, if none of us went to work for less than 1k a day then there would be no option for people to eventually pay for our services.

now obviously im the boss of this cartel so of that 1k per day you make i will be receiving half

this is half a joke and half serious, why not extort the public and live the life of kings for our abilities to control magic and quite frankly performing miracles daily

its simple then, anyone who undertakes electrical work without our cartels go ahead can be dealt with using violence, i will get on the dog and bone to theresa may and get the laws ironed out

If that's your training video @elsparko, you may need to brush up on your interpersonal skills - other than that Jobs a good 'un!

lovely idea but i have 3 pricing structures as it is...
Bath being dickensian in that for all its wealth and people happy to pay £40+ per hour there are others where you struggle to charge 25. Literally half a mile apart. You then have insurance work where i can charge 50 for first hour.
Othertimes you are competing against kids out of college not yet registered with a scheme who think 15 per hour is great as they are earning double what there mate down the supermarket earns.

you guys realise that this website could bring the best of the best together to set prices so that electricians can charge £1000 per day, if none of us went to work for less than 1k a day then there would be no option for people to eventually pay for our services.

now obviously im the boss of this cartel so of that 1k per day you make i will be receiving half

this is half a joke and half serious, why not extort the public and live the life of kings for our abilities to control magic and quite frankly performing miracles daily

Club...Union...Cartel...trust-a-trickster...Whatever nomenclature you decide on,basic human nature will prevail,and the "order" lasts about 3 chapters of "Animal Farm" (the book,Tel,NOT the ---- flick;))

The limit of it's lifespan,is always the freedom of the structure,to wield and enforce power,till one day,someone is not afraid to say "i'll do it for less..."

Until such time,i will have to make do with £10 p/h (minimum charge 100 hours) or,what i got paid for a task last year...4 crates containing half a freshly butchered pig...:rolleyes:

if people dont pay the rates we set then they can sit in the dark , with 2 black eyes and a shattered shin bone (for their first warning)
Club...Union...Cartel...trust-a-trickster...Whatever nomenclature you decide on,basic human nature will prevail,and the "order" lasts about 3 chapters of "Animal Farm" (the book,Tel,NOT the ---- flick;))

The limit of it's lifespan,is always the freedom of the structure,to wield and enforce power,till one day,someone is not afraid to say "i'll do it for less..."

Until such time,i will have to make do with £10 p/h (minimum charge 100 hours) or,what i got paid for a task last year...4 crates containing half a freshly butchered pig...:rolleyes:

lovely idea but i have 3 pricing structures as it is...
Bath being dickensian in that for all its wealth and people happy to pay £40+ per hour there are others where you struggle to charge 25. Literally half a mile apart. You then have insurance work where i can charge 50 for first hour.
Othertimes you are competing against kids out of college not yet registered with a scheme who think 15 per hour is great as they are earning double what there mate down the supermarket earns.
im not technically through my time yet but even i have a joiner who pays me £40 per callout i attend, £15 is minimum wage to me

I still charge £10 per hour for charity events.........
(When I first started some of my charity bits I offered for free but they refused, insisted they had to pay something for my 'skilled work')

I still charge £10 per hour for charity events.........
(When I first started some of my charity bits I offered for free but they refused, insisted they had to pay something for my 'skilled work')
a girl i know used to collect money for oxfam, she earned more per hour just knocking on doors, her hourly rate was just under £11 per hour

charities arent all they are cracked up to be, for example lets say im a millionaire and i want to make donations to avoid tax, i set up a charity and everything that charity purchases uses other companies i set up and have shares in, raise 20 million for mosquito nets, most of the proft goes to the producer of the nets, which most likely is connected to the owners of the charity

For our elderly neighbours my going rate for many odd jobs was one of Joans delicious Blackcurrant and Apple pies, an arrangement that worked well for many years, but sending a slice to George Osbourne along with my tax return caused some difficulties. Part P restrictions on competency need to be similar to Gas Safe regulations before we will see any change

the thing is like someone said you get all types of electricians

i had one last week who did work for a letting agent who would casually change a consumer unit without bonding and then just give a quote for the bonding

only when i went for a shower change has thins been brought up as wrong

Yeah i donated to the SSPCA for 20 years and stopped last year when i heard the MD was earning £216,000 a year more than the bloomin prime minister - seems they are all at it!
Sadly"!!!

Reply to lets set prices for the market in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net